SEVENTY

"Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit

"Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit."

"For gods sake." I grumble once John and Lemar become visible to us. "Ah! How'd you find us now?" Bucky asks as they approach us.

"Come on, man. You really think two Avengers can walk around Latvia without drawing attention?"

"No more keeping us in the dark. You could start by telling us why you broke him out of prison."

"He did that himself, technically."

"This better be an unbelievable explana..." Sam stops John who looks very confrontational. "Hey, take it easy before it gets weird." He says.

"I know where Karli is."

"Well, where?"

"All we know is, it's a memorial. So, we're gonna intercept her there. That means civilians. High risk of casualties." Sam says as we continue walking.

"All right, good, we'll move in fast. Take her by surprise." John says making us shake our head. "No, I wanna talk to her alone." Sam says, "I'm not losing her again."

"Look, the person closest to her died, she's vulnerable. If there's any time to reason with her, it's now."

"What? No. Wait, no! No! Stop. Hold on. Stop, okay? I think we're way past reasoning with her, unless you forgot the fact that she blew up a building with people still in it. Sam, you walk in there cold, she could kill you." John says over taking us to make us all stop.

"If I go in hot and the op goes wrong, more people will die."

"You're gonna let him do this? Are you gonna let your partner walk into a room with a Super Soldier alone?" John asks Bucky, "He's dealt with worse. And he's not my partner."

"Rosie?" I shrug, "I agree with talking to her and Sam can handle it." I say making him scoff. "I used to counsel soldiers dealing with trauma, okay? This is right in my wheelhouse." Sam says trying to get his point across to John.

"Yeah, I know. And I know those soldiers, which is why I know this is a bad idea."

"Wait, John. If he can talk her down, it might be worth a try." Lemar says making John scoff  but nod before turning to Zemo. "We'll deal with you later." He says seemingly in agreement with us for now.

"I'm sure it will all come to an agreeable conclusion. My associate is just up ahead."

"Hello, my friend." Zemo says as we approach the little girl from the camp. "This is for your family." He says handing her some money. "Can you show us the way?"

"What the hell?" John questions quietly as we follow after her.

"Karli's in there."

"All right." Sam says walking towards the door, I turn once Zemo groans to see John handcuffing him to the wall. "Hey. You got ten minutes." He calls out after Sam.