SIXTY NINE

𝙎𝙞𝙭 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙜𝙤

𝙎𝙞𝙭 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙜𝙤

"It is time." Bucky and I were in Wakanda and  we were seeing if his mind was cleared from those stupid words.

"You sure about this?" He questions a hint of fear in his voice.

"I won't let you hurt anyone." Ayo assures him, he spares a glance at me and I nod lacing my fingers with his as she begins saying the words.

"It's not gonna work." Bucky says half way through I squeeze his hand seeing the tears in his eyes as she continues. "You are free." She tells him once she's done which prompts more tears to fall.

"You are free." She repeats as he cries in relief.

"I'm free." He says turning to me making my own eyes tear up as I nod at him. "You're free." I say as he hugs me I clutch his head tightly and cradle it to me as he burrows into my chest and sobs. "You're free." I whisper crying with him until he looks up and smiles through the tears.

𝙉𝙤𝙬

"Well, the Wakandans are here." Bucky announces as he joins us in Zemo's place, "They want Zemo. Bought us some more time."

"Were you followed?" Sam asks as I glance over at them from where I was laying on the couch. "No."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Cause I know when I'm being followed." Bucky says as I sit up, "It was sweet of you to defend me at least."

"Hey, you shut it." Sam says as nod, "No one's defending you." I add, "You killed Nagel." Sam finishes.

"Do we really have to litigate what may or may not have happened?" Zemo asks making Sam and I share a disbelieving glance. "There's nothing to litigate. You straight shot the man."

"Sam." Bucky says from where he was looking on his phone. "What?"

"Karli bombed a GRC supply depot."

"What? What's the damage?"

"Eleven injured, three dead. They have a list of demands and are promising more attacks if those demands aren't met." He replies as Sam sighs.

"She's getting worse. I have the will to complete this mission. Do the three of you?" Zemo asks us, "She's just a kid."

"You're seeing something in her that isn't there. You're clouded by it. She's a supremacist. The very concept of a Super Soldier will always trouble people. It's that warped aspiration that led to Nazis, to Ultron, to the Avengers."

"Hey those are our friends to you're talking about."

"The Avengers, not the Nazis." Bucky clarifies. "Hey what's wrong with the avengers?" I ask feeling kind of offended, "you should know being one yourself, you're what I'm talking about when I talk about everything wrong-"