F I V E

"I got it! I got it!" I yell running into the open arms of my boyfriend, "you got it?" He asks lifting me up his own excitement radiating back to me, "I got it

"I got it! I got it!" I yell running into the open arms of my boyfriend, "you got it?" He asks lifting me up his own excitement radiating back to me, "I got it." I confirm as we both laugh. "I'm so proud of you." He grins littering small kisses all over my face as I giggle.

"My first show is tomorrow night." I inform as he lets me down, "I'll be there." He tells me without missing a beat. "You got it?" Steve asks observing our state as arrives, I nod making a smile break out on his face. "I knew you would." I had always loved singing and Bucky claimed I had the voice of an angel and so with his encouragement I pursued it, I auditioned at the club and they loved it so much that they offered me my own regular slot, which they believed could lead to more.

• • •

I couldn't breathe it was my first preformance in front of an actual crowd and I felt like I was going to throw up, I couldn't do this who I was I kidding thinking that I could. I peek out into the very full crowd making me feel even worse until my eyes landed on a special someone, he was sat with Steve and I could practically feel the way he was buzzing with excitement. I smiled softly watching him, I could watch him for hours, almost as if he could feel my stare his head turns so that our eyes meet.

Somehow his eyes light up even more and his grin grows as he shoots me a wink, feeling all the nerves dissolve I grin seeing Bucky's faith in me made me feel so much better, I could do this he knew I could.

After they call my name I walk out onto the small stage, I don't even notice how the rest of the crowd reacts because my eyes trained solely on the love of my life. His jaw drops as he takes in me as a whole with the makeup and the golden dress that shimmers and winks in the lights.

I sing the soft song that I had been told to and when I was a done a flurry of applause sweeps the room, Bucky's was the loudest as he leapt out of his seat and cheered like it was the best thing he had ever seen in his whole life. Every other sound fades as I watch him cheer for me, and then as he locks eyes with me it's like time stops all I see is him. 'I love you.' He mouths making me laugh and cry at the same time, 'I love you more.' I mouth back watching him grin and shake his head, 'impossible.'

• • •

The owners of the club were right my gig had lead to more, I was signed on with an agent and everything and then carted around the states to preform. I met so many interesting people, I think my favourite new friend would have to be Howard Stark, he was hilarious, I enjoyed his company very much even though he almost always tried it on with me. I always had to reject him but I admired his perseverance, his flirtations became more of a joke anyways since he knew about my very serious relationship with Bucky.

Speaking of my very handsome man I was finally going back home meaning I'd finally be able to see him, it'd been like torture being away from him for so long, but I had managed to find a way to get home earlier and ensure that I wouldn't have to leave again at least for a long while.

• • •

Stepping off the plane I'd never felt so much excitement before, I wondered if my father would come to pick me up, I had hoped that he'd come see me sing, I'd sent him tickets and everything but he never showed so that was that. Dean did, he came to two of my performances and told me how incredibly proud he was of me, and how mother would've been too.

I missed Dean it was a shame he was always working. Bucky and Steve came to a few shows too seeing them there in the crowd was the best feeling on earth, I loved those two boys more than anything on this planet and would do anything for them.

I arrived and saw both boys waiting for me, Steve was holding a sign with my name and Bucky was holding such a pretty bouquet of flowers. Grinning like an idiot I sprinted into Bucky's open arms, his lips capturing mine as he spun me around. "I missed you so much." He whispers against me making me smile up at him through my lashes, "not as much as I missed you." Steve coughs, "I missed you too." I beam and pull him into a hug so tight I feared he may have stopped breathing.

"I missed you too moron." I tell him making him chuckle. "I'm glad to see you in one piece, I feared knowing that there was no one looking out for the two of you." I tell him making him share a glance with Bucky and then both shake their heads. "You're so dramatic doll." Bucky grins taking my luggage from me, "how many fight have you been in since I was away?" Steve avoids my eye and looks away, "my point exactly."

"Anyways what're the three of us doing now that I'm back?" I question wrapping an arm around each of their shoulders, "whatever you want." Steve says making me smile, "I want to get ice cream." I tell them making them both nod, "then ice cream you will get."

"We saw you in the papers." Steve says as we sit down with our ice cream, "oh yeah what did you see?" I ask him very interested, "I don't know some rubbish about you dating Howard Stark." Steve shrugs making my eyes widen, "what?" I turn to Bucky, "really?" He nods, "That not true, nothing happened between Howard and I." I tell him not wanting him to get the wrong idea, "I know doll, I trust you." He assures me making me feel so grateful to have him. "They said you seduced him with your angelic voice." He laughs, "the only man I wanna seduce is you." I wink making Steve groan, "I'm right here." Bucky and I look at each other before laughing, "Sorry Stevie." I say halfheartedly as I ruffle his hair.