S I X T E E N

It'd been a couple years, Peggy proved Howard's innocence and then she moved to L

It'd been a couple years, Peggy proved Howard's innocence and then she moved to L.A to be with Sousa and work at the branch there I was still with Richard our relationship becoming worse if possible, but he held onto me because he needed me for status thats all he cared about.

"I can't handle you anymore!" He yells as he walks into our house, "what are you talking about now?" I ask with a sigh, I couldn't do this anymore. I notice he was holding a folder, "you met with Howard again?" I roll my eyes, "he wanted me to star in a movie." I tell him simply, "yeah I bet." He says before flinging the folder to the table lots and lots of pictures of Howard and I spilling out.

"What the hell Richard?" I ask as I sift through them before letting them drop back onto the table. "You've been following me?" I ask him in disbelief as he just stares at me. "No I hired someone to follow you, and I was right you're having an affair with Stark of all people?" I laugh at him in disbelief, oh my god he'd actually lost the plot, "you're ridiculous, I'm not having an affair." I shrug the thought off, "you're lying." He persists, "you're the one who's been cheating on me, don't treat me as though I'm foolish, I know about the girls." He stalks closer and I move back until my back touches the counter, "don't think I don't know about Howard sneaking into your room the day of our wedding, or the fact you snuck him into our house when he was a wanted person." He seethes leaning closer to me.

My hand moves on the counter until I feel the knife I wrap my fingers around it as tightly as I could, "I've stayed faithful to you Richard our whole marriage, I've done everything that you've asked of me, and I never not once cheated on you." I tell him as he traps me with his body. "I can't take this anymore Richard." I cry out absolutely sick of this, I couldn't live like this anymore it was draining me. I had to do something to get out of this loveless marriage. "Rosalie." He tries in a softer tone but I shake my head.

"Richard what is this? I know that you don't love me, and I don't love you so what are we doing? I think it's time we move on now. I can't take this any more Richard." I tell him lowly afraid that I may anger him.

"What are you talking about I do love you Rosalie." I can't help but scoff as he cradles the side of my face. He didn't love me, if he did he wouldn't have treated me the way that he does, "you don't. This isn't love Richard." He looks down at me and I ready the knife in my hands, I hope I didn't have to use it but I would if necessary. "You just want to leave me so that you can be with Howard don't you?" Jesus Christ why did he believe that so much.

"No, I don't." He shakes his head, "you are my wife Rosalie, I won't have Howard take another thing from me." My eyes widen as he kisses me the shock makes me drop the knife, "I'm doing this because I love you." He says desperately to me his hand messily brushing my hair from my face as I'm still disoriented what was going on?

Suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my stomach, I look down to he had plunged the knife into me, "I saw you grab the knife, Rosalie, I knew you were going to use it on me." He says as my hands find the wound red beginning to spill over my fingers staining my hands and the material of my dress as it began drowning in the excessive blood that was leaving my system.