SIXTY TWO

I had taken the guest room in Wanda and Visions house whilst her brother had taken the couch. "Aunt Rosie." I woke up to Billy shaking me gently, "hey billy what's up?" I ask getting up, "my mom sent me to wake you because everyone is already ready."

"Ready?" I ask confused, "it's Halloween." He tells me, "oh right Halloween how could I forget, silly me."

"You are coming trick or treating with us aren't you?" He asks making me nod, "course I am sweetie." I assure him making him beam, "that's great but you have to come in costume."

"Sounds fun." I say not really wanting to dress up but I'd play along for them, "great! get ready quickly then." He says before running from the room. A costume let's see what I could turn into a costume from my wardrobe. Turns out my wardrobe was empty aside from one outfit.

"You're sneaky Maximoff I'll give you that." I say as I walk down the stairs to see Wanda the kids and Pietro all dressed up too. "You wore your costume!" She exclaims joyously, "like you gave me much choice." I reply rolling my eyes with a smile. "Ooh I love yours though what are you?" I ask taking in her red getup, "a sokovian fortune teller." She responds making me grin, "it's cute."

"What are you aunt Rosie?" Tommy asks, "I'm the ice queen." I say making him grin, "awesome." He responds as I look over at Wanda, "very subtle." I say making her wink at me. "What's that supposed to mean?" Pietro asks and so I make animals made of water run around the boys smiling as they giggle before making them run up to ceiling and turning it all to snow making everyone look up in awe. Dean loved when I did that. "You can make it snow inside?" Tommy asks wide eyed, "you're so cool!" Billy exclaims laughing as he tries to catch the snow with his tongue.

"You kids think I'm cool? I'm no where near as cool as your mom." I tell them making Wanda smile at me. "Hey where's Vision?" I ask looking around. "Neighbourhood watch." Wanda says with a hint of resentment in her voice.

***

"You know you're really hot and I'm really hot so why-"

"Let me stop you there Pietro, I'm flattered truly but I have a husband whom I love very dearly."

"I don't see him." He shrugs making me sigh and turn to the twins who we'd been trick or treating with. "Next house boys?" I ask making them nod and drag me along with them as I left their uncle with their mom.

***

So Tommy has superspeed just like Pietro and so he and Billy had gone off on their own leaving Wanda Pietro and I. I decided to keep my distance a bit and let the twins have their time together and everything was fine until Billy came running to Wanda panicked. "Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!"

"What? What is it, Billy?"

"I hear Dad in my head. He's in trouble. I don't understand. What's happening to me?" Billy says fearfully. "Where is he? Where's your dad?" Wanda asks just as much fear in her voice.

"Hey, don't sweat it, sis. It's not like your dead husband can die twice." Pietro says making my brows furrow what did he mean die twice? Wanda seemingly has had enough of him and uses her powers to blast him back into the mini hay maze making my eyes widen.

"Billy, I need you to focus." She instructs her son who shudders, "I can't tell. I see these..."

"soldiers."

"They think he's dying!" Suddenly Wanda's eyes glow their magnificent red as that same red energy that comes from her spreads through the town pushing at its boarders? What was going on?

***

"Wanda what's happening here? Is everything ok?" I manage to ask once we were back at her house and the kids were asleep, she looks at me regretfully before flickering her wrist in my direction.

"Oh my god!" I felt like I was waking up and finally out and free after being submerged for a long time. "Wanda?"

"Wanda!" I exclaim throwing my arms around her, that whole experience was strange I was myself but I wasn't at the same time, I had no control all I could do was observe whilst I was being crushed with the weight of Wanda's pain. Trust me it sucked.

"Rosie." She whispers gladly as she holds me painfully tight, "what's going on Wanda?" I ask as I release her, "I-I don't know, I don't know how this all happened." She tells me making me nod, "it's ok."

"Oh no Rosie what are you doing here?" She says suddenly making me look at her in confusion, "I saw it, the argument, why did you come here?" She asks "because I love you and don't want you to be alone." I answer bringing tears to her eyes, "Rosalie you need to go home." She says making me shake my head. "What? Wanda I'm here for you, to help support you or whatever you need." I say making her smile gratefully at me.

"Thank you so much, but you have to go home and fix this, you can't stay here and ruin your relationship for me." I go to reply but she shakes her head, "I'm ok Rosalie I am, and I know that I'm not alone but I want you to go back to Bucky."

"Ok but Wanda I have to tell you, being under your control it hurts." She shakes her head, "No, no I never wanted to hurt anyone." I take her hand, "I know, it's ok it's not your fault Wanda."

"I'm going to fix this I promise."

"I don't doubt it."

"Thank you so much for coming." She says before hugging me once more, "always." I assure her hearing a sniffle and holding her tighter.

***

I take in a breath as I look at my front door wondering how upset Bucky was going to be with me. I left in the worst possible way so whatever was coming I deserved it. I shake my head trying to rid my nerves that were just telling me that something bad was coming and raise my fist to knock.

I hold my breath as the door swings open and I see him on the other side, still nervous for his reaction my heart drops as does his smile and we stay stood there for a second perfectly still, staring at each other until I go to speak and he shuts the door in my face.

I hear the click of the locks knowing he wasn't going to speak to me anytime soon and close my eyes as my head gently falls to rest against the door. "Bucky? Bucky please open the door. I'm sorry." 

𝑂𝑜𝑝 𝑜𝑘 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑠 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑚𝑒 𝑝𝑙𝑠 ℎ𝑎ℎ𝑎 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑎𝑛𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜  𝑡𝑓𝑎𝑤𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑐ℎ 𝑖𝑚 𝑎𝑓𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑎𝑦, 𝑚𝑎𝑦 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑎 𝑏𝑖𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑠𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 ℎ𝑎ℎ𝑎 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑖 𝑚𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑡𝑤𝑎𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑡𝑜 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑑𝑘 𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝐼'𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒 ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑖𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑓𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑦𝑒𝑡.