𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚

Chan had somehow become my best friend. I wasn't sure when or how it happened but he was always joining us for dinner or crashing on our couch. Our nanny, Jiwon, screamed the first morning he walked out of the shower wearing only a towel draped around his waist.

I liked coming home to see Chan and Seungwoo sitting on the couch together, cuddling or chatting. Sometimes Seungwoo would sleep with his head on Chan's shoulder, sometimes Chan fell asleep with his head in Seungwoo's lap.

Occasionally, he'd be sleeping with Haneul in her bed (if I returned home very late), having passed out while tucking her in. Once, I found him asleep in Haru's room, slumped in the rocking chair with a sleeping Haru cradled against his chest.

Chan and Jiwon had somehow fix something in their friendship that has bring them back together again. Or, as friendly as Chan could be with anyone female. Twenty-nine and the boy still hadn't outgrown his shyness.

I really liked Jiwon; she was wonderful with our children (they loved her), and she was funny and cute. Smart, although she sometimes got her words confused when she felt nervous. Which was always around Seungwoo, the stupidly handsome guy.

Seungwoo was always busy practicing or thinking about how he should be practicing, so I often asked Jiwon to work later hours for more money. She usually agreed and I'd disappear into my bedroom for a few hours to get some work down (writing was time-consuming!) and reappear to find Chan sitting at my kitchen table and a flustered Jiwon repeating over and over that he wasn't invited.

"He was never invited, yet somehow always here," I said the most recent time this had happened. Jiwon blushed, but I waved it off with a smile and ordered a couple of pizzas for dinner. It had been a long day and I didn't know when Seungwoo would be home (or if he even would come home.)

Chan slammed his hands down on the table and he stared at me. Chan's stare bordered or ridiculous, but somehow his dark-eyed gaze made me wonder what he had to say.

Chan pointed at me. "Hana's wedding," he began dramatically, "is in five days. You need to learn to school your expression around Jaehyun so one, he doesn't come sprinting down the aisle to sweep you off your feet instead of his bride and two, so your husband doesn't file a divorce after the ceremony is over because you couldn't keep your lovelorn gaze under wraps."

"What the fuck, Chan!"

Jiwon coughed and stared down at her hands. I wondered how much she knew (she had to have known something. Seungwoo and I were neither subtle or quiet about our little tiffs. And there had been a lot of "little tiffs" since we'd hired Jiwon).

"I'm just trying to look out for my bros," Chan held his hands up in defense. "Both of whom are stupidly in love with you."

"Jaehyun was never in love with me. Get your act together, Heo Chan!" I retorted. "At least, I'm loved. No one loves you but your fans."

Chan folded his arms against his chest in solidarity and shook his head at me. "Seul, Seul, Seul. That was cold."

"I thought it was funny," Jiwon piped up. Chan shot her a wounded look and she giggled.

"Jiwon, I thought you were my friend." Chan said quietly, peeking up at her from underneath long lashes. "Thought you would have my back."

"Hey," Jiwon shrugged, "she pays my salary."

"That's my girl." I ruffled Jiwon's hair. "Besides, Chan, you are dearly beloved. We all cherish you and would lay down our lives for you. Plus, I think Haneul is starting to favor you. She lights up like a firefly whenever you're around."