𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝘼𝙧𝙚 𝙈𝙮 𝙎𝙪𝙣𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙚

After being sewn back together and dropped off in my postpartum quarters, I was told that I could visit my baby in the baby's room. I had sent my husband with the baby when they first took him and hadn't seen him until he came to give me an update.

Across the hall, through two locked doors with staff, video surveillance, and after three-minute scrub the hands, I was able to get in to see my son. Right inside the door, my baby, Haru, lay in his hospital crib. He was a whopping five to six pounds fourteen ounces. Compared to most other babies, he looked full term.

At first, I wasn't sure if I could hold him until a nurse saw me hovering over him and stroking his head and tiny feet. I always thought I would cry when I first held my son, but in the labor and delivery room, I didn't. I was just so shocked and terrified about the fact I had to go with c-section delivery. It was like a whirlwind. Everything was happening so fast I couldn't comprehend it.

The second time I held him, I could finally cry and let out all my joy and give up all the pain and longing in my heart. The nurse left, and I got to enjoy some quiet time alone with my son.

I was in awe at his sight, terrified to hold such a dainty yet big little package, but I would just breathe slowly and remind myself all these feelings and fears are normal because I had never known a love so great or a person so much in need of me.

I loosened my gown so that my son's tiny mouth could go to my breast. I offered it to him. My newborn baby boy nursed immediately. I heard the suckling sounds of my baby boy and tears of joy fell from my eyes.

Seungwoo stayed the night with me. We were both absolutely blown away by the tiny human being we'd created. He had a milky skin, a head full of dark hair, and what looked like brown eyes. Every time he yawned or made a little sound, my heart's melt all over again.

This boy, is going to have me wrapped around my finger.

"He definitely looks like you." Seungwoo whispered, while I breastfed Haru. "He has your eyes and your mouth."

"The rest of his dainty body is all you. I mean, just look at how perfect and precious he is." I lifted Haru up when he was done breastfeeding.

"Look at you!" Seungwoo coeed, kissing Haru's little face and fingers. "Aren't you delicious?"

"Yeah." I whispered; eyes locked on Haru. "He's perfect."

"You're perfect." Seungwoo kissed my hair and pushed my bangs from my forehead. "God, you're just perfect."

I looked up at him with flushed cheeks and glistening eyes. "I'm so glad you were here for it."

"Me, too." He leaned down and kissed my son's soft little head.

I gingerly passed our baby to him. Seungwoo cradled him in his arms, enamoured with his sleeping face. He held our baby often, so I could rest. I was incredibly exhausted and Seungwoo knew how sore I was.

I drifted off into sleep eventually, but I fought it until the very last minute. Seungwoo was staring at me while stroking my hair. I gazed at him for a moment, wondering how someone so beautiful had ever loved me.

The next morning, we were ready to return back home. I double checked the straps on Haru's carseat.

"Honey, you know. I don't even think Haru could ever be this big."

Seungwoo stood next to me and peered down at him. "Yeah. He was like six pounds heavier."

𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙮 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚! ; 𝙝𝙨𝙬 ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें