𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙨 𝙆𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙨

"It's Chwistmas Eve party! Chwistmas Eve!" Haneul twirled around the living room in her red velvet dress with a lace collar. It had been mine when I was her age. "Do I look pretty, Daddy?"

"Of course, you do, my angel." Seungwoo cooed from the couch.

"Daddy, are we gonna eat cream puffs today?"

"Yeah, baby. But you can't eat as many as you did last year."

Haneul turned to Hana, who were squished on the couch next to Seungwoo. "One time, I ate too many cream puffs and my tummy hurted."

"Oh, no." Hana murmured sympathetically.

"Well, don't do that this year." Seungwoo advised.

"Yeah, and don't run away into the woods, either." I chimed in from the floor.

"Yes, please don't. It's bad for Daddy's heart." Seungwoo agreed.

"When are we leeeeeeeaving?" Haneul whined.

"Soon, little love." I promised. "Mama's gonna get soooo drunk tonight."

Seungwoo covered Haneul's ear. "You're pregnant, dumbass."

"Oh shit, I forgot."

"How can you forget? You cried when you couldn't fit into your favourite dress this morning."

Tears started to form in my eyes. "Seungwoo, you jerk! Are you calling me fat?"

"I'm calling you pregnant, baby." Seungwoo laughed.

Haneul looked up at me in concern. "Mama's crying! Why's her crying?"

"She's not feeling well, love." Seungwoo kissed Haneul's hair. She scooted away from him and crawled into my lap.

"Mama, you otay?" Haneul asked, tenderly cupping my face. "You sad, Mama? Why you crying?"

"I'm just feeling emotional, little love." I ran my fingers through her hair. "Just a little emotional."

"A little memoshinal?" Haneul lisped. "You sick, Mama? Your tummy hurt?" She rubbed my stomach. "Mama, you tummy is round!"

"Cause I'm getting a baby, love." I replied, kissing Haneul's forehead. "A baby is growing inside of Mama's belly."

Haneul stared at me, nonplussed. "A baby is in dere?" She poked my belly.

"Yeah."

"Take it out. I wanna see it." Haneul demanded.

"I can't, love. It's not ready to come out yet. We have to wait a while."

"Forty minutes?" She asked. "We have to wait forty minutes and then a baby is gonna come out of your belly?"

"In the spring. In the spring the baby will be ready."

Haneul contemplated that for a minute. "We go to the park in the spring. We went to the animal museum and we saw the dinosaurs. They were a yeetle scary. I don't like dinosaurs. I just like buddaflies. And they eat bananas."

"You sure?" I smiled, still playing with Haneul's hair.

"Uh, yeah." Haneul nodded. "Buddaflies eat bananas. Like me!" She pointed to herself and smiled.

"Haneul, you're going to be a big sister." Seungwoo interrupted.

She turned to stare at him. "A big sister?"

"Yeah, love. You're going to have a new baby brother or sister like Jinhee from daycare. Her mommy and daddy had a baby."

"I was a baby." Haneul said importantly. "But now I'm a big girl."