𝙐𝙣𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙁𝙤𝙧

"Haneul, shush. Don't wake up your mother."

"But, Daddy, I want to. It's Chwistmas. Mama has to wake up! And I want to wake her up. She has to celebrate wif us."

"Shh. If you're gonna snuggle with me, you have to be quiet and not wake up Mama."

"Daaaaaaaaaddy. I wanna open presents."

"Oh my god." I moaned, throwing an arm over my eyes. "What time is it?"

Seungwoo cleared his throat. "It's, um, it's four in the morning."

Haneul clambered onto my stomach and squished my cheeks together with her small palms. "Mama! It's Chwistmas!"

Seungwoo watched me with a slight smile as I sat up and sleepily squeezed Haneul against my chest. "It's Christmas, Haneul? It's Christmas! Should we go see what presents Santa brought you?"

"Mama, you tol' me Santa isn't real." Haneul said with the cutest little puzzled frown.

I leaned in to whisper conspiratorially in her ear, throwing a sly glance to Seungwoo. "Shh, Haneul. Daddy believes in Santa, so it's okay to pretend just for him, right?"

Haneul giggled. "Daddy's so silly. Like a baby. Only babies believe in Santa Claus."

We both turned to looked at Seungwoo and snickered. Seungwoo shook his head at us.

"Listen, Santa only brings presents to people who believe in him. I guess all the presents downstairs underneath the tree is for me."

"No!" Haneul suddenly jumped onto Seungwoo and knocked her forehead against his. "Santa has to bring me presents. You promised."

I patted her back. "Don't beat up your dad. Santa brought your presents, and so did Mama and Daddy and Grandma and Grandpa and Aunts. You have all the presents you'll ever need downstairs."

Haneul sat up, immediately cheerful again. "Yay! Let's go open them!"

"Everyone were still sleeping." Seungwoo reminded her. "It wouldn't be nice to start the fun without them."

She rolled her eyes. "I don't care."

"Hey, it's not nice to say that." I said gently. "Everyone loved to celebrate Christmas with you. They couldn't stop taking videos of you playing with wrapping paper. We just thought you were the cutest thing."

"I am the cutest thing." She said matter-of-factly, hands on her hips.

Her father and I exchanged a look over Haneul's head, both of our eyebrows raised.

"She's your daughter." I mouthed to Seungwoo.

"Girl, those genes are all yours." He shook his head at me, grinning. "My two little-show-offs!" He cried, tousling our hair. Haneul threw herself down onto me and grabbed my shirt, pulling us all into a hug.

The first thing I saw when waking up in the next morning was Seungwoo and Haneul snuggling on her bed.

"Daddy, are we gonna play in the snow today?" She lifted a hand and placed it on his nose. Seungwoo squinted at her and she giggled.

"Do you wanna play in the snow today, my little snow angel?"

Haneul nodded eagerly. "Wif you and Mama." She poked his chest.

"And then we'll drink hot chocolate and snuggle in front of the fireplace." Seungwoo buried his face in her pillow and pulled her close to him for a snuggle. "We can watch a movie, too."