𝙇𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧

Haneul's birthday was in one day. August 15th. She wasn't old enough to understand time, but she kept mentioning Seungwoo and I that her birthday was just around the corner. She had been extremely excited about it and had worn the tiara Seungwoo's sister had given her for her second birthday for five days straight until Seungwoo had hidden it. I thought it was kind of petty of him, but I understood his feelings.

Couple of days ago, Haneul had innocently asked if Seungwoo could help her write a personal invitation card to her uncles and aunts.

"Daddy, I haven't seen Aunt Sunhwa in a while. I think I'm going to make her a ca'd, caused she can come to my birfday party. But I don't know how to write!" She shrugged her shoulders helplessly. "'Cept for my name. I can sign the ca'd!"

"Little love, Aunt Sunhwa isn't coming to your birthday. She's busy." Seungwoo had said gently. He squatted down and patted her head. "I'm sorry."

Haneul stared at him for a moment. "Can she come another day?"

"Maybe, sweetheart." Seungwoo folded her into his arms. "I don't know."

I had watched the scene play out form the couch, trying to hide my laughter from Haneul. She denied him in this courtesy and promptly bursts into tears.

"Au-Aunt S-Sunhwa isn't tomin'?" She sobbed into Seungwoo's shoulder. "She doesn't want to...want to c-celebrate with me?"

"Of course, she wants to celebrate with you. Aunt Sunhwa loves you so, so much." Seungwoo said softly, rubbing her back. "She just can't come this time."

"Another time?" Haneul pleaded. "Can she come another time?"

Seungwoo shot me a helpless look. I couldn't help but to laugh.

"Baby, do you really want to eat sandwich for lunch?" I asked Haneul for the fifth time already. I just can't understand this little girl's appetite.

"Yeah!"

"Do you want chicken sandwich or tuna fish sandwich?"

"I wan' tuna fish, Mama." Haneul banged her small fists on her tray table.

I'd set her with iPad with a pinkfong's nursery rhymes on. I looked back at Haneul as she was singing a nonsense song about Dino world. I smiled to myself.

My phone's suddenly ringing flashing Seungwoo's name.

"Hey." I spoke into the phone, pressing it in between my shoulder and ear. I was in the middle of making tuna fish sandwich for Haneul.

"Hey, baby. What you doing?"

"Making food to feed your little daughter." I said. "Wish somebody was here to make me food."

Seungwoo laughed on the line. "Well..." He hesitated. "I'm going to arrive home, soon."

"Really?" I asked, pleased. "When?"

"Like in about fifteen minutes. Let's bake Haneul a cake, hmm?"

"Alright, well, that's not too bad. Did you get the present, too?"

"Pwesent! My pwesent?" Haneul asked curiously from her high chair. We only had bar stools in the kitchen, which were much too tall for her to safely sit on, so she still got strapped in for every meal.

"Is that Haneul?" Seungwoo asked on the other side of the line.

"No, it's our other almost three years old." I muttered sarcastically.

"You know what? I don't need your sass right now."

"What you need is that present! Make sure you bring it or I'm gonna be pissed."