𝙎𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙚

Seungwoo and I loved our nanny.

She was amazing; possibly a better parent than two of us combines. Our children adored her and Haneul actually ate the food she cooked.

There was just one problem.

She clearly wasn't over Chan.

At the moment, Haneul and Jiwon sat curled up in the window seat, snuggled under a blanket and reading a book, the morning sunlight catching the gold flecks in Haneul's brown eyes.

"Morning, Jiwon." Seungwoo waved at her with a smile on his face. "How are you?"

"Good, thanks. How are you guys doing?" Jiwon returned his smile. She really was quite pretty, in an unexpected way. Which sounds bitchy, I know, but I meant like, in a unique way. Like, at first glance seems good-looking, but at a second glance, exquisite.

"Good. You eat breakfast yet? I was just about to put something together."

"I didn't, actually."

"Great!" I grinned at her. "We'd love for you to join us."

Seungwoo made us scrambled eggs with rice and kimchi. Nothing fancy, but still delicious. Haneul dropped several pieces of egg onto the floor and tried to feed her kimchi to Chika, who adamantly refused it. Jiwon sat shyly at the table and took as little food as possible. She was truly wonderful with our children, but still a little awkward around us. I supposed she had a personality that was better with kids than adults.

"Baby, what time are you heading out today?" Seungwoo asked me.

"Um..." I glanced at the clock, "about half an hour. Maybe forty-five minutes."

"Mama? What are you doin' today?"

"I am hanging out with Uncle Chan! Interviewing him for the new book I'm writing."

Haneul pouted. "I wanna come!"

"You have school today, little love. How about I invite Uncle Chan for dinner? You can help me make dessert, hmm?"

"Yeah! I wanna make, um, brownies."

I smiled at her and she dimpled back up at me. "Sounds delicious, babycakes."

"Is Chan meeting you here?" Seungwoo glanced at me, then Jiwon with a sneaky little smile. I shot him a look and he suddenly seemed very interested in staring at his breakfast.

"Yes. Then we're getting coffee and heading over to his place."

"Can I join?" He fluttered his eyelashes at me, attempting to be coquettish.

"No. Go and finish your solo album."

I stood up from the table, empty plate in hand. Seungwoo frowned at me, so I kissed his cheek and gave him a pat on the head.

"I'll see you later, babe. Don't miss me too much."

Seungwoo took my hand and kissed my fingers. "Love you."

Chan arrived just after Seungwoo left for the studio. He looked cozy in a tan, thickly knitted sweater and black jeans. He had on socks that I knew Seungwoo had bought for him the Christmas before.

"Mama! Mama, Uncle Chan is here!" Haneul launched herself at his legs and kissed his knees.

"Haneul! My baby! My angel! My favourite little love!" Chan picked her up and swung her around, then pulled her close into a hug and sprinkled her face with kisses.