𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙘𝙠

Seungwoo came back about three hours later. My parents still hadn't arrived home yet, and I had started to wonder what they were doing.

He opened the door to my bedroom and threw his suitcase onto the bed, where I was laying down. I watched him as he unzipped it and pulled out clean clothes.

"Where did you go?" I asked.

"The woods." He replied shortly. "I'm taking a shower to check for ticks."

"I can check you." I offered. He raised his eyebrows at me and shook his head.

Seungwoo took the change of clothes and a towel with him to the bathroom. I guessed since we were fighting, I wasn't allowed to see him naked anymore. It made sense, but he only changed in the bathroom when we were in a serious fight.

Which, I suppose, we were.

I fell asleep waiting for him to come out.

Someone was stroking my hair when I woke up. I stirred, and the hand stopped. The mattress dipped and I opened my eyes to see Seungwoo disappearing from the room.

He came back a couple of minutes later with a tray full of food and a cup of tea.

"Hey." I said softly, my voice still thick with sleep.

"Hey." Seungwoo replied, setting the tray down next to me. "You slept through dinner. Your mom saved some for you."

"Thanks."

He perched on the edge of the bed while I ate. I spooned some rice into my soup and took a bite, chewing thoughtfully. Seungwoo looked pensive and I wondered why.

"You're very pigheaded, you know that?" He said suddenly.

I took another bite before answering. "I could say the same for you."

He shook his head. "I just can't figure you out. Why are you all of a sudden asking me for a separation? We haven't been fighting. It's not like we have passive aggressive little titches all the time. It's not like we're one of those couples that fights in front of their friends and makes them feel uncomfortable."

"Yes, we are." I corrected him. "Seungwoo, we're like the poster couple for doing that. We fight in front of our friends all the time and drag them into our disagreements so they know almost every single intimate little detail."

Seungwoo just looked at me.

"Pigheaded." He repeated. "And stubborn."

"They're the same thing." I bit into a loaf of bread.

"I'm furious with you." Seungwoo stated abruptly.

"Okay." I gingerly picked the teacup off the tray and blew on it to cool it down. "I love you."

"You sure have a funny way of showing it." He snapped. "God, can't you just relent for once? Compromise? Is that word in your emotional vocabulary?"

"I just want what's best for us."

"And you get to decide that on your own?" Seungwoo raised his voice. "You get to decide that us not being married is what's best for us. Honestly, fuck you."

"Are my parents home?" I asked, casting a glance at the door. I didn't want them to hear us fighting.

"No." He said shortly. "They went out with Haneul."

"Again?"

"Yes, again."

There was a long pause. Then, Seungwoo leaned over and patted my belly.

𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙮 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚! ; 𝙝𝙨𝙬 ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें