THE NUPTIAL NIGHT

Start from the beginning

"Mahamahim? Its splendid seeing you here." Karn cried genuinely happy to see his ideal in his home.
Since his childhood Karn admired Bhisma and his fighting skills. He was in awe when he first saw him fight. He always wanted to be like him . Despite Bhisma insulting him and not allowing him to perform based on his caste, he had a genuine respect for Bhisma.
"Angraj Karn, I am an old man. I came her to apologize from the behalf of Rakjumar Dushasan.  " he cried in his deep and manly voice.
Karn's eyes held a grim look and his expressions were still as if he was engrossed in deep thoughts.
"Angraj...Dushasan is a foolish boy . He is not mature enough to understand...." before Bhisma could complete speaking Karn forestalled him.
"Mature ! Mature you say Mahamahim? What Dushasan did was not a mistake, it was a grave sin and you are aware how big a sin it is!" Karn cried raising his voice .
Bhisma didnt say anything but hung down his head in shame.
He knew whatever Dushasan did was unpardonable but he had no choice. He had to stay faithful to maharaj Dhritarashtra and Duryodhan even though he knew they were in the wrong path. He sighed with grief as he imagined his situation.
"Angraj...I know Dushasan was guilty but mahamahim..." Niyati mumbled but Karn cut her conversation.
"Please go to your chamber Niyati. Prasuti will show you your chamber " he cried in a cold voice.
There he goes...he is again angry. I dont understand how ? How can a person stay angry all the time?, Niyati thought.
"But Angraj..." Niyati continued speaking when Karn shouted.
"NIYATI! PLEASE GO TO YOUR CHAMBER" He cried raising his voice.
Niyati was taken aback.
How dare he?!
How dare he speaks to me like this! That too before everyone,Niyati fumed with anger.
"Karn!.." she cried angrily.
Now Karn couldn't control his temper any longer. 
Why doesn't she listen to me? She has to speak in every matter. I cant forgive that Dushasan for what he had done with her but she has to speak in the middle, he thought.
"Mahamantri please take Mahamahim to the sabha. I will soon come and speak to him " karn cried his eyes pointed at Niyati. He was bursting with anger.
After Mahamahim and the other servants left , Karn was left alone in the hall with Niyati.
Before Niyati could say anything, Karn held her by her arm and pulled her along with him. He took her inside their chamber and pinned her against the wall, his eyes never leaving hers.
She noticed the madness in his eyes and immediately regretted speaking in between. He looked angry and that was not a good sign for her.
"He didnt speak anything . She could feel his heavy breathing in her face. She didnt dare to speak anything.
He looked at her with anger.
"Why?" He simply asked.
She completely zoned out . She didnt know what to say.
"WHY NIYATI?!" He shouting scaring her .
"Why do you always have to argue with me. I told you to go to your chamber but you are so adamant!" He cried in a vengeful voice.
She still couldn't speak.
"Dont ever interfere on my matter again!" He cried slightly softening a bit.
Niyati regained her courage . She could feel the rage within her as she heard him speak.
What does he think of himself!
" Angraj I dont know what problem you have with me but it is not easy for me to stay here. It is not easy for me to leave my family and stay here with you whom I absolutely hate. I didnt have any other option other than this marriage " she cried her voice betraying her emotions.
She never felt this way then why did she say such things to Karn? She dint hate Karn then why did she hurt him saying this! That was when she realise that it was her rage speaking and not she.
She had spoken so much in anger but none of them were actually true. She didnt know how she would ever take back her words. She repented losing her control in anger.
Karn didnt say a word. He slowly left the chamber without turning once.

So this is what she feels about me. I knew she loved Arjun but I never thought she hated me. If I had known this truth I would have never proposed her and pushed her in this miserable situation , he thought as he walked towards the Rajsabha.

What is wrong with me? I always lose myself when I am near Angraj. His presence affects me to a different level. With Karn, it is always the extremes. Either it is extreme passion, extreme love ,extreme rage or extreme hatred. I dont hate him . In fact I...I like him.  I like him very much. In fact I ...I love him. I can't see him sad. I cant see his tears. I hate myself for hurting him. I care for him more than myself. If this is not love then I dont know what love is! It is true. I love Angraj. I have always loved him but I am realizing it now. I am in love with my husband- my Karn, she cried as a smile appeared in her face.
But the next moment the smile vanished as she recalled what hurtful words she had said to him. She repented saying those words. She had to apologize to Karn and also confess to him about her feelings.
She laid down in the bed recalling all the moments she had spent with Karn. Their mountain hiking, their forest expedition, their escape plan , their secret night meeting and so much more.
"This man has always been with me since we met. He has  saved me so many times. He has proposed me to marry him. He was there in all my happy moments. He has protected me along with Parth, he has teased me along with Govind, he has cared for me along with jiji. He is the person who has been with me all the time. He has been a friend , a lover, a husband all along. He had chosen me over his friend Duryodhan. Maybe he too loves me!" Niyati cried with excitement in her voice.
"But now I have hurt him with my offensive words. I need to apologize. I will apologize tonight as soon as he enters the chamber. Today is our nuptial night and I harvested it all because of my rage but I will make it up to him." She cried smiling to herself.

"Finally Mahadev! Finally one of them has realised the love they have for each other

"Finally Mahadev! Finally one of them has realised the love they have for each other." Govind cried.
"It has to be the Niyati. Women are way smarter than men " mahadev cried recalling how he had offended mata Parvati in the morning and had forgotten to apologize.
"That is absolutely true mahadev. And your guess toobis right. It is Niyati." Krishna cried smiling.

-------------------------------X---------------------------