Niyati is jealous

They kept on walking aimlessly in the forest without any exchange of words. Karn was filled with guilt immediately after uttering those words.
I should have controlled myself. It is none of my business to interfere on her life . Moreover I should not accuse a woman in this manner, thought Karn. He hung down his head trying to recover from his guilt.
Niyati ,on the other hand was extremely hurt. She didn't know what to say. She kept walking with a blank face recalling Karn's words.

The woman who is betraying her sister by romancing with Arjun at night.
Is this what he thinks about me ? How can he assume such a thing! He accused me of something I would not do in the wildest of my dreams. I would never betray jiji. Even if I want to marry Arjun , I wont as jiji loves him with all her heart but ...Niyati continued thinking.

After walking for a long time, karn thought of breaking the silence.
"Rajkumari I didn't intend to...say those...I apologise." Karn cried,  his head hung in shame.
Niyati didn't utter a word. She kept walking.
She didn't know how to feel.
Earlier she used to be kinder. She used to forgive anyone for any sin if they apologized but she couldn't do so in case of Karn.
She was majorly hurt and she didn't know why Karn's words hurts her so much.
He was nothing to her then why did he affect her so much.

She walking lost in her thoughts when"Careful Niyati!" She heard Karn's voice and the next moment karn held her hand and pulled her towards him

"Careful Niyati!" She heard Karn's voice and the next moment karn held her hand and pulled her towards him.
She landed on his bare body. He held her waist tightly and caressed her hair. She placed her palm in his chest.
Karn looked at her confused.
There was a mix of emotions reflecting in his eyes. There was confusion, anger and mostly care.

She freed herself from his grip.
"What is your problem Angraj?" Niyati cried .
She was embarrased by her action of touching him but it was triggered because Angraj held her.
"Why did you pull me in this manner? What is your problem?" Niyati cried.
with frustration.
Karn's face was filled with shock.

"Are you insane! Please walk carefully. You know why I pulled you . See for yourself!" Karn cried and held her firmly turning her around.

Niyati was shocked.
There was a deep pit in front of her.
She was going to fall inside it . It had a great height.
Had she fallen down , she could have died.
She stared at it shocked and scared.
Scared and shocked she started moving back. She , unconsciously held Karn's hand.

Karn looked at her face.
It was filled with fear.
He held her hand tightly assuring her that she was safe.

She looked at Karn.
His face had a kind look.
She quickly looked away and without any further words, they began walking again.

I don't understand this man! First he misbehaves with me then he saves me . I feel something when I touch him. Is it pure hatred for him that affects me so much! Hatred is a strange emotion. It has an intensity equivalent to love. I hate this man yet I feel safe in his arms. What is wrong with me and why am I still thinking about him. He insulted me and accused me of sucha big crime  thought Niyati.
She cursed herself for giving so much attention to Karn but she couldn't help it! Her emotions didn't stay in her control before Karn.
She is so confused.