The kauravas meet the pandavas

"What do you mean the swayamvar is postponed ?" Shikandini asked shocked. She had heard some dasis talk about the postponing of the swayamvar.
"Yes Rajkumari. Maharaj was discussing with yadav vasudev krishna. We had heard their conversation." The dasis cried with fear.  All of them were afraid of Shikandini.
"That is strange jiji. I thought all the princes have arrived" Niyati cried recalling her interactions with arjun and the kauravas and that Angraj Karna. Thinking about karna boiled her rage. She had never been affected by anyone in this manner all her life.
"Not everyone. Only the pandavas, kauravas ,king shalya and Angraj karn have arrived on Panchal. And due to postponing of the Swayamvar they are going to stay in the castle with all of us." Krishna cried surprising everyone.

" But govind...why do they have to stay in the palace?" Niyati was frustrated. She didn't want to share a roof with that karn.
"I thought you would be happy sakhi. Prince arjun is also staying." Govind cried.
Draupadi's face glowed with joy.
Niyati still was thinking about karn. She has never loathed anyone . Karn was the first person she absolutely loathed.
"Everything needs to be perfect...I will go and see the arrangements" Shikandini cried.
Saying so Shikandini left leaving Draupadi , Niyati and Govind alone.
"Now will you tell us what happened in the mela sakhi?" Govind asked with a knowing grin.
Niyati was surprised.
"How do you always come to know about everything sakha?" Niyati asked innocently.
Govind gave a sweet smile.
"I met prince Arjun in the mela." Niyatu cried.
Draupadi was taken aback. She smiled . But Niyati was thinking about someone else-Angraj Karn.
Govind with his charming smile cried,"You dont look happy Sakhi...did you not like arjun?"
Niyati was back to her senses.
"No Govind! Rajkumar Arjun is perfect. He is a perfect gentleman." Niyati cried with a smile in her face.
The smile in draupadi's face widened.
"Then why are you upset Sakhi?"
"I met angraj karn and the kauravas" Niyati cried with a sharp tinge in her voice.
"Woah , I should have visited the mela . You met all the participants of the swayamvar in the mela." Draupadi cried with a smirk.
Govind smiled in a knowingly.
"Wasnt Angraj karn a very handsome man?" Govind asked teasingly.
Niyati imagined Karn's chiseled face, hard chest and dark eyes.
Lost in her thoughts she muttered a yes.
Draupadi's pupils dilated.
She was surprised.
Her sister had never mentioned anyone like this.
Govid grinned.

Niyati was again back to the real world.
"Uh I mean...no! No! He was not at all handsome. He forcefully held my hand . And then insulted me. What a strange man!" Niyati cried with anger.
"How dare that Angraj!" Draupadi exclaimed with rage.
Govind again gave a smile . He was calm.
"Sometimes things  in reality are not what they appear to be sakhi. There remains a difference between illusion and reality. And it is a fool who only knows the truth and doesn't know the difference between true and false." Govind said in a calm tone.
Niyati did not understand the reference though.
"Niyati, draupadi  the swayamvar has been postponed. It will be held the next week" Drupad cried entering the room.

"But why this sudden change of plan of pitaji?" Draupadi asked

"Putri, our astrologer has mentioned this week to be inauspicious for panchal and I cant let my daughters marry in an auspicious day." Drupad cried.
The girls nodded.