Chapter 24 (Unedited)

Chapter 24: Finally

I finally managed to reach out to Adan. I never expected that thoughts could be communicated that way, Adan always seemed to be on his blackberry. But I think now I knew why.  I felt slightly disassociated from the room, and it gave me a slight headache.

Communicating with the mind was tiring--much more tiring than using a phone. It had side effects.

At least now he knew where I was. Somewhat. My body didn't seem to be mine anymore, the weakness and lack of blood made me detached from it.

The man only visited me for two reasons: to feed me blood, I didn't know the source of it but I started to not care after all that pain, or to feed from me. My life revolved around that red substance now. I existed to feed, in both sense of the word. And I hated this lifestyle.

He had come again. I lifted my eyelids slowly, and the blurry sight of his feet came into view. What time was it? He either fed from me or fed me at different times. Although it never mattered--I didn't have a way to find out the time anyway. Still, knowing what would happen to me next seemed nice.

The man opened the gate. "It's lunch time."

Whose lunch?

I could visualize the smirk on his face. "It's time for me to feed."

My kidnapper held me by my elbow and dragged me out of the cage. He was never gentle about it. But then again, were kidnappers ever gentle with their victims? My arm had bruises all over it. Another one failed to make much of a difference.

I let myself get pulled around like a rag doll. He dragged me out of the enclosure through my wrist. I used to care, but not any longer.

He bent down and placed his face beside my neck. "Have I ever told you how good you taste?" The man lapped at my skin. This wasn't the first time, but I never got used to it. It always sent a sick feeling down my stomach.

He stroked my cheek. "Invigorating. Its no surprise why everyone wants it. I want to keep you alive down here forever. I've never felt stronger. I feel like I can even kill Adan now."

No, I thought, he can't. I trust Adan.

My kidnapper threw his head back and let out a loud laugh that bounced off the walls. "Trust has nothing to do with this, love. It is just about who is stronger. And right now, I am."

I didn't know if I was audible, but I used all my strength to utter a sentence. "I believe Adan... is stronger."

He chuckled and moved his hand toward my chin, stroking it softly. "As I said, it is not a matter of beliefs."  His mouth moved closer to my skin and blew against it. "Now keep quiet and let me feed."

His fangs slowly pierced into the nape of my neck. He fed like this on purpose. It prolonged the pain. Instead of a sharp immediate pain, the agony came in crawling seconds. I counted, hoping that his meal time would quickly pass.

I counted to no avail. The piercing pain came anyway. I thought that my voice had run out, and that my vocal chords no longer had the energy to let out any sound. But my back arched as I tried to come with the burning in my neck, and my mouth opened wide as I let out a shrieking noise.

I wanted my senses to numb. They didn't.

It felt like centuries before the man finished his torture on me. He pried his fangs out of my neck and licked it with his tongue. I became useless to him after each meal--after all, he received what he came for. The man let me drop onto the ground like some piece of trash.