Chapter 13

Chapter 13: What a Girl Needs

Adan

Evelyn was holding tightly onto Jason. Beads of sweat trickled down her forehead and she shivered as she clung onto my enemy.

“Stop it Adan!” Jason said. He tightened his grip over Evelyn and glared at me. “She can’t take it anymore.”

I swept his demands aside with an annoyed growl and continued tearing the blood bags one by one. My eyes were concentrated on Evelyn, weighing her response to the bloody scent that was becoming increasingly stronger.

“Please,” she cried. “Just stop it; it’s too much.” Blue pulsing veins started to show against her creamy skin and darkness began to seep into the whites of her eyes. “Adan,” she said, choking on her words. Her body quivered against Jason.

I tore another blood bag spitefully, covering the already grotesquely stained floor with another splatter of red. “She’ll never learn if you protect her like that,” I said. “Don’t you need to be someplace else? Your empire maybe?” Evelyn’s canines were lengthening against her bottom lip. I stared at her pretty face. It was smothered by both blood and tears. I reached for another blood bag, but paused when I heard her whimper.

Jason was giving me his death-look. Probably, the only thing that was holding him back was his need to stay by Evelyn’s side. “Just stop this nonsense will you?” Jason said, with his tone reprimanding and angry. I looked at the both of them, all nicely cuddled up like a couple.

Another rush of blood splattered across the floor. Some of it reached the wall. I ripped that bag with more strength than necessary. “Fine,” I said. “This shall be the last session for the day.” I swiftly turned myself around and left the room, leaving Jason alone with Evelyn once again.

She was always by his side, while never with mine. I punched a wall in the hallway, smashing it into rubble. The frustration was too overwhelming. During the past week, Evelyn had only been calling for Jason and chastising me while worshiping him. It was like there was a double standard when she compared the both of us. He was just as evil as I was; the only difference was that he was a very smooth talker.

Jason spoiled her too much. All of our sessions ended up that way, Jason coddling her while I played the villain and tried to get her to learn. I have to admit that I went overboard with the last session; jealousy was raging at me. But if not for him treating her like a child she should have been able to handle that load of blood.

“My Lord is something troubling you?” Adriana asked as I walked pass her. “You have a troubled look.”

I smiled slightly. Adriana was the shape-shifter that I treasured the most; Jason had threatened to kill her. If he did I would never have forgiven him. As one of my closest subjects she could read my feelings very well and like Hollie, it was easy to share my concerns with her.

“Is it something between you and my mistress?”

I sighed and smoothed my hair with my hand. “Yeah.”

“Would you like me to call for Persephone?” she asked, though hesitantly.

I gave her an incredulous look. She had thought that I would need a succubus when I was having troubles with my mate? “I don’t indulge in those pleasures anymore Adrian.”

“Ah,” she said, pulling back a little. “That is understandable.” She pursed her lips and looked down, ashamed for what she had said.

There was a moment of silence. I sensed Adriana’s uneasiness. “It’s fine,” I said, trying to end the awkwardness.