Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Sisterhood

The red-head, Hollie, squinted at me before flashing a wide grin. It was rather odd since she was enraged just seconds ago. She had a hundred-and-eighty degree change in her expression.

“Oh gosh I can’t believe she’s right here!” Hollie looked like a five year old that just received a long awaited Christmas present. She clapped her hands excitedly and squealed with joy. It made me raise an eyebrow. Everybody here was so weird. “We’ve waited centuries for this.”

“Waited for what?”

“For you,” she skipped towards me and sat on the bed. I should have been wary of her, but her bubbly personality made that seem wrong. Her hands reached for mine, “you have no idea just how long we’ve been waiting for this day; I bet Adan had been longing for it the most.”

“Don’t add in any false ideas into her head,” Adan quickly rebutted, rolling his eyes and crossing his arms, “it’s just this something that was going to happen eventually.”

“Oh please, she’s your mate for goodness sakes,” she waved a dismissive hand at him, and then turned her attention back to me. “You’ll grow to love him, a pity that you wouldn’t want to share after that.”

“Wait what? He’s my what?” How did my life end up like this in just one day?

“He’s your mate, you soul mate! Aren’t you excited?” Hollie was the one that was excited, overly excited. I was just shocked, I hated him.

“Who told you that? How’d you know?”

“The prophecy foretold it; Adan and you will be together al—“

“Hollie that’s enough, I don’t intend to tell her about it just yet,” Adan sighed.

“She deserves to know, she’s part of it; it’s blasphemy if she’s in the dark,” Hollie sounded like she was begging. I thought that she was standing up for me. Her nature was very endearing. She was probably the enemy but I wanted her to be my close friend. The tension in the room had subsided.

“Well whoever told that prophecy must’ve been wrong because I really don’t like him,” I asserted, folding my arms and frowning.

“Keep telling yourself that darling, you’ll realize it someday,” Adan winked at me, “I’m irresistible.” I childishly stuck my tongue out at him; he responded by sticking out his too. I thought that he was supposed to be a few thousand years old. Thousand year olds should act like grownups.

“Isn’t she such a charm,” Hollie pinched my cheeks then ruffled my hair. I was stunned. I met her just five minutes ago and she’s already treating me like her little sister.

“Well whatever,” Adan shook his head, “you take care of her Hollie, I’m off to settle some business. The vampires got into another fight with the werewolves.” He sighed; then vanished. My eyes widened. I knew that he had special powers; I’ve seen it in action. Though looking at him doing it each time never failed to amaze me. I had powers like him too, although I had no idea how to control them, and they would probably never be as strong.

“He’s always so shy,” Hollie sighed. I scrunched up my nose and looked at her with disbelief. Shy? Had she ever heard the man talk? “Are you ready to go?” She pulled to sheets off me in a swift motion, leaving me unguarded. Immediately, she pursed her lips and furrowed her eyebrows. “What are you wearing?”

“Um, clothes?” I said timidly, her expression seemed mad.

“This is completely unacceptable, it’s atrocious, you can’t go around walking like this,” she pointed at my outfit in disgust, hurting my feelings slightly.