Chapter 7

Chapter 7: The Hunt

 Jason

I doubt that I had ever searched for anything this hard in my entire life; and considering how long I lived that was quite substantial. I was sure that I had searched every continent—Adan must have concealed their presence, or had Hollie do the deed. Regardless, I was getting close. My subjects had found a source that had clues of Adan, and I was on my way to get them. Unfortunately, he had been of Adan’s descent, which meant that his loyalties lied with my enemy. I was going to pry the information out nevertheless.

 He was in a small apartment of the west of London. The door looked torn, weak and tattered, with yellow paint coming off at the sides. There wasn’t any need for formalities, I kicked the door down and it crashed onto the ground, sending a few splinters flying around its parameters. I walked in slowly into the white-painted room. The room’s furniture was modernistic, with stylish features, though minimalistic at the same time, highly contrastable with its entrance. My two subjects were trailing behind me, scanning the compound as I was.

  “Spenser?” I said, making sure that my voice reached every nook and cranny of the place. It was an order, a command; my voice was stern without a hint of leniency.

  There was no response.

  “Search the place,” I said, nodding my head towards the area. My subjects obeyed at once, darting into the different rooms of the house. I waited patiently, grounded at my position and crossing my arms.

  “My lord, we found him,” Travix said, his voice reaching from the room on my right. The werewolf dragged out a frightened vampire towards me. I noticed that there was a large gashing wound on his forehead, although it was already healing.

   “Wasn’t even much of a fight, he was cowering beneath a bed, hugging a bunch of blood packets.” I could see why he lost so easily, he was short and skinny, with little muscle on his frame. Rather odd for a vampire— maybe something went wrong with his changing. Hopefully he made up for his lack of strength with a higher intellect. He ought to be wise enough to give me the right answers.

  “Hello Spenser.” He was staring at the marble tiles beneath him, trying to avert my gaze. “I’ll get straight to the point – do you know where Adan is?”

  “No, my lord,” he squeaked.

  I punched his chest, chuckling darkly as he grimaced and groaned in pain.

  “Look at me,” I spat at his face, causing him to flinch. He lifted his head slowly, his gaze reaching mine. I could see the fear pooling in his eyes, he might’ve even wet his pants.

 “I’m telling the truth my lord,” he said quickly, coughing after his sentence.

 “Then have you seen him recently?” I was circling around him like a predator. He remained tensed at his position; his legs closed and arms to his side. I heard a small gulp.

 He remained silent for a while, pondering over my question. “No, my lord,” he said. What a liar.

 I narrowed my eyes as I looked at him, and then stepped back. “Sasha,” I said.

  The girl sitting on the red couch behind me responded at once, “As you wish, my lord.” She walked up slowly to Spenser, giving out a low, wicked laugh. He took a step away from her, afraid of what was coming.

  The banshee lifted her mouth to Spenser’s ear. It would have seemed seductive, but I knew what was coming. Her mouth gaped open and there was a loud unbearable screech that escaped her lips. Well, at least to Spenser.  He was her target and him alone.