Ch.23

I slowly opened my eyes and felt and was met with great pain. I tried to move only for a burst of a pain lock me in place. Looking down at my body one debris sike pierced my left thigh, while another pinned my right arm. The rest of the rocks just crushed me with their sheer weight, I tried to call out, but it was hoarse and scratchy. It could barely be heard. With a deep breath, I tried to pull my left arm out from between the rocks, but that caused some to slip and crush me, even more, when My arm was free. I cried out but no sound could be heard. 

---------

Suddenly Isamu could hear someone, they were running and they were getting close. Something ran over the debris crushing me even further. I whimpered even though he tried to cry out for help. Looking through the small opening he saw a large man with a long red cape run down the hall.

"Wait, Please?" Isamu choked out but went unnoticed.

Isamu's heart started to break as he watches the hero grow smaller and smaller. His body limped as the Hero's footsteps soon vanished and Isamu was left alone. He pulls and tugged to try to free himself, but he only wore himself out. All he could do was lay their helplessly, as memories flashed before his eyes.

"Isamu... Where's your Mom and Dad?" Eri asked curiously.

"I don't know. Every time I try to think back to it, I remember fire and screams. But I can't see any farther than that," Isamu sighed. 

"Do you... Wish you could see them again, like your real dad?" Eri asked slowly.

"I don't know. I'm happy that I get to live with my best friend. The dad I have is fine," Isamu smiled.

----

"Eri do you want to play on the swing Me?" Isamu asked with his hand stretched out to her.

"Okay," She said hesitantly.

Isamu helped  Eri to her feet and lead her to an old tire swing that previous yakuza boss made for him. It was the first and only thing they made together since the boss was busy most of the time. Yet he always made an effort to give him some sort of gift on his birthday, this was his 6th birthday present. 

He could remember the tired smile on the man's face as he pushed Isamu on the swing, till he had to go back to work. That was also the day Eri came, the day he meets his best friend. He would treasure the days he and Eri would play together on the old swing, and the few times he would see her smile, albeit a small one.

-----

Tears ran down his face as the memories resurfaced as his body started to get cold, and he found it harder to move. 

"Is this what it's like to fall into a coma, dad?" Isamu asked with slight fear.

------

"Dad.Dad!" Isamu called to the unconscious man.

"Be quiet," Chesaki growled.