Ch.22

Roman groaned as he stood up and dusted himself off. Looking up he quickly noticed he was no longer under the protection of the Invisibility Cloak and was very visible to everyone. In this empty room stood 3 other people, but Roman could only recognize one, Kirishima.

"Roman what are you doing here?!" Kirishima gasped.

"Kid what are you doing here?!" Shouted a really large hero.

"I. w-well umm-"

" Roman I told you not to follow," Kirishima said.

Roman looked at Kirishima confused but picked up a Play along with vibe from him.

"Red Riot you know this kid?" The large hero asked.

"Fat Gum, this is Roman a friend of a friend. He tends sticking his nose where it doesn't belong," Kirishma sighs while hiding his wink to Roman.

"Oooh, yeah! I just can't help myself but want to see the heroes in action," Roman smiled sheepishly.

"This is not a game kid, you are in danger," Fat gum scolded.

"I'm sorry," Roman bowed.

The conversation was cut short when Fat noticed 2 villains slowly approaching them. Fat Gum and Red Riot quickly got in front of Roman and readied themselves. Roman's eyes widened at the mere size of the villain Rappa. He slowly backed away till his back meet the wall. Rappa delivered a powerful punch at Kirishima sending him flying into a wall a few feet away from Roman. He quickly turned to Fat and delivered a series of powerful punches causing Fat to steam from the sheer speed and power of those punches.

Roman trembled as he tried to push himself into the wall, wanting to be far away from this fight as the room would allow.  He quickly snapped out of his stupor at the painful groan from Kirishima. Forcing himself forward he ran toward the young hero who seemed to be facing some internal struggle. Roman looked down at Kirishima's forearms and gasped in horror, as it looked like large chunks of his rock-like skin seemed to have crumbled off. The redhead quickly took out his wand and pointed at Kirishima's wounds.

" regenerator" Roman chanted as the wounds closed slowly.

Kirishima snapped out his thoughts when he felt a trembling hand on his shoulder. Looking over to see Roman frantically chanting something, to see his wounds were closing at a snail past. His idols words echoed in his ear.

"Live without Regreats! The fear of someone losing their life is what motivates me,"

Kirishima groaned as he pushed himself up and was about to through himself back into the fight, but was stopped by Roman.

"What are you doing , your going to get yourself killed. Rappa is to strong for your quirk," Roman said with great fear in his voice.

"Than that wouldn't make me a hero. If I crack I'll harden again! Stay strong! Protect others! Even if it means my life! I won't regret anything! Now or ever again!" Kirishima shouted with conviction as he ran in between the two fighters.

'I'll do it, I'll become a hero, I'll protect people!' Kiriashima shouted to himself in his head.

As Rappa throws another series of punches at FatGum, but Kirishima jumped in between them and took the punches. This time Kiri stood strong as he took every single hit, while he rehardend every time. Roman stood  in awe as he watched Red Riot's unwavering determination and strong spirit as he took the blows like a pro. The fear seemed to lose it's grip on him as he watched Kirishima till he used up all of his strength.

A scene of courage welled up inside Roman, as his gripp on his wand tightened. He raised his wand and with a strong stroke he shouted.

"Funsai suru!"

He shouted as a Golden bolt of light shoot from the tip from the wand. It rushed past FatGum and struck Tengai's Shield. His eyes widen as cracks traveled up his shield and shatter like glass, leaving the villains exposed to FatGums Powerful punch.

-------

Rappa should them to a nearby medical wing, and while Fatgum was Talking to Rappa Roman slide over to Kirishima's damaged form. Pulling out a healing potion and quietly feeding it to Kirishima.

'Thank you Kirishima, sorry I can't do much but this potion should help a little,' Roman thanked queitly.

"For what?" Kirishima whispered back.

"Oh your awake?" Roman gasped slightly.

"What ever you gave me It's helping. But any ways what are you thanking me for?" Kirishima asked.

"Well for one keeping me safe during that whole situation, and the other... Helping me understand hero's a little more," Roman sighed with a sheepish smile.

"What do you mean?" Kirishima asked certainly confused, both unaware that FatGum was listening.

"Well, as you know I come from a pretty different culture. Our "Heros" are like detctives and policemen who do their work in the shadows and out of mind of the public. They do their job in a sence of justice, they hardly reseve fame like your hero's do. So when I looked over your kinds of heros, I saw them as nothing more than a bunch of wannabe superstars. People who did it for the fame and money, and made such a commotion and destruction when they take care of crimminals. It even seemed like your policemen was rendered useless, but today you showed me another side of heros that I never really considered. For that I must thank you," Roman smiled.

"N-no problem man," Kirishima said with a tired smile. "But what are you doing here?"

"I came to save a little boy named Isamu Chang," Roman said quietly.

"Isamu chang? You mean the brat that Overhaul hates so much?" Rappa asked.

"What there more than one kid here?" FatGum asked in shock.

"Don't bother Overhaul probably killed the kid. The only reason that brat lived this long was because the preveuse boss loved him like his own son, But because he's not in charge  Overhaul probably killed him before they decided to flee," Rappa scoffed.

"Why would Overhaul hate the kid so much?" FatGum asked with a glare.

"That's because that kid posses a wierd power. He isn't affected by Eri's quirk and his power could't be ereased by his bullets," Rappa explained.

"What?!" FatGum gasped.

--------------/