Chapter 41

I stand up and try my best to listen for anyone approaching the hall. I put my finger to my lips and wave for Isabel to go to the corner by the door. I freeze and hold my breath. I hear a muffle sound and listen harder.

The walkie talkie on the guard.

"You didn't take his walkie talkie?" I whisper to Victor. He stares at me half panicked half annoyed. Great job idiot.

I hear footsteps charge through the corridor. I also hear a familiar clacking and heavier footsteps. Alexander. I swing one punch to the air in frustration and look and Victor and Isabel. They look back at me like I had just revived a dead person.

I watch as Victor holds his flashlight on his phone towards the window. As if enough people don't know we're in here. What the hell is he doing.

I hear the footsteps get louder and louder. I place my hand on my gun in the inside pocket, and Victor pulls out his. I move slowly towards the door and Victor matches my movements on the opposite side of the room.

A guard pops up and swings the door open. My figure perfectly blocks Victor from view. I hear a loud bang and then I look down to see the body fallen beside me. I grin. This was going to be a lot more fun that I expected.

I hear more footsteps. The sound of the heavy thuds gets louder and louder. Before I could react, I had my arms yanked and tied behind my back and out of the corner of my eye I saw a gun to my head.

"You little rat," Alexander grunted, "I knew that you coming here wasn't for any casual reason."

Victor looks at me, his eyes wide. I could see his breathing get harder and harder. I looked at the mirror and saw Isabel crouched in the corner, her eyes watery and her body mildly trembling. She looked terrified.

"You get out of here Victor. Or I might just have to kill both of your precious little dolls," Alexander says pushing the gun on the side of my head. I looked at Victor who clearly didn't want to leave neither me nor Isabel here. "For your own good and their lives," Alexander threatens.

I grin, and Victor looks at me completely unsure of what to do. Even if Victor merely raised his gun Alexander would shoot me. I look at Victor and give him an expression of comfort.

"I knew you never cared for me, you son of a bitch," I grit. I jab my head backwards into his jaw. He lets go startled by the pain. I twist my arms out of his grip and grab the gun from him. He fights back, so instead, I twist his arm behind his back and pry the gun out of his grip.

I use the back of the gun and my elbow and hit him directly in the ribs. He falls back, grabbing his body in pain. I stood over him, and aimed the gun straight at his head.

"Where would it hurt the most," I mock moving the gun around, locked and loaded, my finger ready on the trigger.

He looks up at me terrified.

"Don't you dare try and hold a gun to my head. Your life is in my hands now," I bark at him.

My eyes shoot up at the sound of more footsteps.

<~~~~>