Chapter 32

I can't explain my frustration. I've been through ever cabinet, every doorway, ever drawer, clothing pocket, everything. And the only thing I found was a bit of lint and a couple billings. Either he's just good at hiding everything, or he has nothing I can use as leverage. I'm pretty sure it's the first option though.

I told Alexander I needed his office that to get my work done. Of course, I didn't tell him that my work was rummaging through his papers. I sift through all the drawers, and slam the cabinets as I search.

The door suddenly flings open and I stand there startled as the stack of books I had in my hand thunder as they slam against the floor.

"What are you doing?" Alexander asks standing, his hand still on the door.

"I uhm," I stammer. I needed an excuse. Come on brain. It was like time paused for a moment for me to think and as I pick up the books he just stand there staring.

"Did you need something?" He questions again.

"Uhm, yeah, I was looking for some," I pause awkwardly. "Paper," I blurt.

"Paper?"

"Yeah, I needed to write a couple things down so I don't forget."

"Well you could have just asked, it's not like I have multiple servants for no reason."

I give him and awkward smile and stack the books back onto the shelf.

"There isn't any paper in this office, I haven't restocked the drawer yet. But I'll have someone drop some off in your room tomorrow. You should go to bed now."

"I was planning to," I nod and he walks out closing the door behind him. I let out a breath of relief. Thank goodness I came up with something.

I curse out Victors name under my breath for kidnapping me and then I yelled at my own reflection in the glass for agreeing to this. I could have just let him kill Alexander that night. I should have let him.

I grab whatever was mine in the office, and then walk out slowly closing the door behind. I walk down the hall and make my way up the stairs passing into the third hall on the right. I haven't really bothered to check the first and second halls because according to Alexander, that's where his unnecessary storage is.

From what I know, no one has 2 corridors of rooms for storage. I rub my forehead. My headache was killing me.

As I walk through the hall I could hear Alexander's girlfriend singing. More like shrieking, but I wasn't going to comment. Right as I walk past her door, I hear a loud thud. As anyone would, I knocked on the door, and opened it the slightest bit.

"Are you okay?" I shout. I get a small glimpse of her room. It was beautiful, and if there's one thing I noticed, Vienna likes to accessorize. I see the table with her jewelry and a small purse.

"I'm fine, I just dropped the shampoo bottle," Her voice calls back.

"Okay, just making sure," I trail off and then I turn around and close the door behind me.

My hand hadn't even left the handle and then I realize. The purse. I turn back to open the door again, but I hear footsteps in the hall. I rush back to my room and toss things around trying to find my phone.

As I dialed Dante, I paced around the room. If it really was that purse, this could mean something. He picks up.

I explain to Dante what happened.

"If he killed Isabel, I will come there right now and break every bone he has."

"No, we need to plan this out and figure out what happened to Isabel. I'm pretty sure it was the bag, but it may not be."

"Just wait until I tell Victor."

"No, don't tell him. He's far worse with his temper. Don't tell him at all." And then I whisper. "No one should know I'm telling you any of this."

<~~~~>