Chapter 30

The sun shimmered through the windows. My night wasn't as wonderful. Yes one suspect was off the list, but that was the only suspect we had.

My brain was circling as I laid there. I had confirmed for Victor that it wasn't Lara, but who could it be now?

I honestly wouldn't be in this guilt trap If I was never born as the daughter of Alexander. He deserves to be buried in a ditch, lower that 6 feet. He deserves hell. He didn't know I was here. He didn't give a damn to come find me. Rather, he was probably drinking his nights away while I rip each bit of my brain out trying to leave this place.

Deep breaths Aura. Deep breaths. We're going to get out of this. I'm in such a difficult position it stresses me out.

Who else would have a motive to do this. Who else would even bother or have a cause to take Isabel. I rubbed my eyes sleepily.

I wanted to roll back under the blanket and doze off.

But then it struck me.

A motive.

All the person needed was a motive. The only person who came to mind was Alexander. And I didn't feel the least bit guilty when my heart chose to accuse him. He was now a suspect.

But only a suspect in my mind. Disclosing this thought to the fireball, also known as Victor, could throw so many things off balance. He makes hasty decisions so easily and without thought.

Yet, as I think about it, it almost seems to fit together. He had a clear cut reason to take Isabel just like Victor did to take me.

I shift the pillow to a more comfortable position.

I didn't feel tired anymore. It was early in the morning and the weather outside wasn't too hot. Of course, Victor was probably awake, but I still decided to tie on my robe and get ready for the day.

I make my way down, and take a little stroll through the garden, and around the back of the building. The open land taunted me. I greeted the people I met along the way. I had become familiar with most.

I finally sit down by the bench and take deep breaths. I needed a way to figure out if my hypothesis on Alexander was true. But I wanted to disguise it so Victor doesn't get a hint. Not yet.

I watch Victor fly past the bench. I stand up in his way and push him back.

"He killed some of my men on the south east border."

"He did?"

He didn't respond and kept walking.

"Where are you going!"

"To settle this once and for all. He can't keep doing this."

"No," I pull him back. "Don't do anything."

He looked back at me, his eyes so soft. Aching. He took a deep breath, "I don't have the heart to kill you Aura."

I  knew he could shuffle out of my hands at any moment. His body was far stronger. But I stood there my grip as strong as it could possible be. "If you kill him now, his men and allies will definitely come for you. We have to disguise it and take over his entire empire." That's the best thing I came up with to calm him down. I take a deep breath. "But most important of all. I don't want to lose you." I couldn't keep eye contact.

His flaming expression didn't really change, but I could feel his muscles loosen up in my hands. He called off the vehicles that were revving on the driveway ready to go. He shrugged his shoulders as if he was throwing away the anger and turned towards me.

"What do you have in mind," he huffed, and placed his hands on his hips. His breathing was steady. I ran my hand through my hair.

I looked at him dead in eye as I thought of where I could start. This was my perfect opportunity to figure out whatever I needed to know. "I need a hotel to stay in."

He looked at me confused. "I know what I'm doing, I promise."

<~~~~>