Chapter 27

I pull into her property. It wasn't as large as Victor, but to me it was humongous. I lived in an apartment. Almost any house will seem larger to me. I park the bike in a small driveway near the entrance. I flick down the stand and yank the helmet off of my head.

I give my hair a nice shake to get back into it's right position. It was time for action. I yank my leather jacket firmly on my shoulder and slip my phone into my back pocket. I make sure my gun is secure on the inside hidden pocket.

I noticed that Markie's vehicle was already here as planned, and as I walk in I'm surprised that there is almost no security. The two guards at the gate was about it.

"Ah, she's here," Markie points as I step in through the door.

"Good morning," I greet them both.

"Nice to meet you," she nods and extends her hand, "I'm Lara."

"Nice to meet you too," I shake her hand, "I'm Aura."

She didn't seem to recognize me from the party. That was to my advantage. She won't think I'm nosy. But how so you get so drunk that you can't even slightly recall another person you threatened to kill.

"Of course, I'm sure Markie would have told you the purpose of my arrival," I explained, "I just have a couple questions, and then I will leave you to the rest of your duties."

"Of course," she gestured towards the couch, "But before we begin, people just assumed that I had done it."

"Do elaborate."

We continued on for about an hour. I tried to use her body language to identify her position. She often spoke with her hands clasped together. That was an assertive thing to do. It's like she was indirectly telling me that he words stood over mine.

When I asked her about her interactions with Isabel and what she was to Victor, she would place her hand over her chest. Normally people who are genuine and aren't lying would do this.

I nod as we proceed through some more questions. It didn't seem as though I had any use for the gun here. It wasn't a very protected place, nor was she aggressive. Entirely stupid in my opinion especially being in the mafia.

"So, you don't have feelings for Victor anymore?" I try to confirm.

"No, not at all," She said, fidgeting with her ring. I made a mental note that that was a confirmed lie. Of course she still liked Victor, she threatened to kill me for him. But it seemed that these feelings only came out when she was entirely drunk.

"So, it wasn't really me who did anything. I wasn't even able to reach, and everyone is assuming it's me. Of course, I have immense power for a woman, but I'm not so cheap as to kill someone else."

I shook my head in acknowledgement. More sympathetic.

"Well, I thank you so much for your time, and hopefully I didn't bother you too much."

"Of course not. At least, finally someone bothered to come find out the truth," she said, extending her hand once again.

I shook it and then turned to leave. "Before I leave, would you mind giving me your contact in case I need to talk to you about anything else?"

"Oh. One moment." She called her assistant to bring her 'work' phone. She read off the number and I typed it in.

"Thank you," I smiled and walked towards the door.

I discreetly motioned for Markie to follow me outside.

As I walk out the front steps, I extend my hand for Markie to place the phone which he recorded with in my palm.

"Was there anything else she said, before I arrived?" I asked as I mounted back onto the bike.

"Nothing really, I was just explaining to her exactly as you told me."

"Alright. I'm going to need a couple more favors from you to make sure she isn't lying."

"Of course," he nods.

I pull out the gun and shift it to a more comfortable spot.

I kick the pedal and take off.

<~~~~>