Chapter 31

"Yes papa," I nodded, even though he couldn't see that. I sat in the hotel room. It was beautiful. Yet it seemed unbelievably extra for a girl that just landed in Italy. I also had Victor purchase a new phone for me. Using that phone I called Alexander.

"I'll send a vehicle your way, and we can meet at the plaza," Alexander chuckled on the other end of the phone. He seemed way too elated for this meeting. The ironic part was that literally no one knew I even existed as an heir to the Pierri throne.

"I'll get ready then," I force a fake laugh. I was not at all interested in meeting this man. But my purpose was entirely different. Although my hands say "kill him" my mind says "defeat him". I'd probably trust my mind over my hands.

"Let me celebrate the occasion of your arrival and take you out to purchase a nice gift for you!" he repeated.

"Of course papa," I reply reluctantly. Papa. it sounded absurd to say. It made me feel disgusted. I only had Mama. She was my mother and father. My everything.

I try to dress as casually as possible. I have to say, the royal theme did rub off on me a little, and my accessories were a little extra. I stuck to short and flowing jumpsuit in a lightly faded orange. It had designs in a darker orange that went up the legs, and then a rhinestone design across the chest.

I technically was meeting this man for the first time in so many years. I didn't want to look like a potato sack.

The drive was exasperating, and my hair wasn't cooperating. I gave up and clipped it half up, and half down. I clutched my little purse and checked myself in the rear mirror of the car and then slide out as sanely as I could.

I wasn't trained for this. I might even say, I was raised more independently than a lot of other girls I met here.

"Oh! Look at you! So tall and beautiful!" a voice exclaims. I search for a person to associate the voice with and there he stood. Alexander Leo. I flashed the most fake smile as he walked over. He clutched me by the shoulders and pulled me into a hug.

"Hello," I squeak as his stubble scratches my jaw. He was well built for a man his age, with only a few grey hairs on his head. His stubble said differently though.

"Aura," he pulls away and turns around, "this is my assistant Vienna, who also happen to be my girlfriend."

I flashed another fake smile towards her and nodded lightly. Who in their right mind has their girlfriend as their assistant.

As we walk around the plaza, I keep the talking to a minimum. Vienna seemed to do more shopping than I did. I just needed to get a trace of anything in order to consider my own theory. Alexander thinks that I just landed a couple days ago. He knows nothing of my past weeks with Victor. I intend on keeping it that way.

He bought me a necklace and I carried the small bag to the room that I was given. The room was smaller than the one that Victor had offered, but it was still lavish. I watched Vienna walk across the hall with like 6 bags in her hand. Spoiled.

I almost envy the fact that my mama and I could have lived like this, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I get up, and shut the door, making sure to lock it. Then I pull out my actual phone. As I shuffle through my luggage for some night wear, I ring Dante.

I describe a bit of my day and then he asks if I had a lead to anything at all.

"Nothing yet, I just wanted to update that I was here and safe," I assure him.

"I'll inform Victor."

"How is he?"

"Worried as hell."

"What for?" I ask nudging my suitcase over to the corner and slipping out of my jumpsuit.

"Do I really have to explain it again?"

"Understood. Someone's coming, I'll call you later," I say as I hear footsteps cross past my room.

<~~~~>