Chapter 37

"Please," she whispered, "Please let me go."

"Shh," I said putting my finger over my lips.

The woman looks up, he neck moving so slowly and gently. My jaw drops.

"Isabel," I breathe.

"Please, let me go," she pleads with her feeble voice.

This definitely wasn't the person that Victor had once known. The person he spoke of was so different. What did Alexander do to her.

For some reason, a protective rage blasted through me. How could Alexander have the heart to keep a person locked up for this long. To scar a person so much that they beg for freedom. Even Victor didn't do that to me. Even though he could have done that so easily.

She continued to plead. I crawl onto the bed and I held her firmly. She was taken care of pretty well, and even then, she seems quite famished and ragged. But where was her will power? Where was the Isabel that I was compared to?

"It's okay," I hushed her, "I'm not going to hurt you. I'm here to help. Just hold on and I'll get you out as soon as I can, okay? Don't worry."

"Who are you?" she asks, looking up with dewy eyes.

"I am," I hesitate, "A friend of Victor's"

I wasn't going to tell her that I was kidnapped as well, and then tell her about how Victor had given up on his girlfriend, Isabel, being alive. That would break her heart.

Friend. It sounded better.

Way better than hostage set free.

"Really? Did he send you? Does he even know I'm here?"

"Yes he did send me," I said making sure no one was nearby, "and I'm about to go back and tell him that I have found his true love." I watched as a small smile crept up across her face.

I definitely wasn't going to tell her that I was the unknown daughter of the man who had kept her here.

"Here," she whispers, handing me a small ring.

"What's this?"

"Give it to him, he'll know."

"Of course. Don't worry. Just stay here, and mention nothing of meeting me to anyone that comes by. I'll figure out a way to get you. I promise."

She nodded with a gentle smile across her face. I think my words were promising enough to knock the fear out of her. She knew that her Victor would come get her. She knew she wouldn't be in this misery.

If only my mama was here to drag me out of this crazy dream. To pull me out of this misery. To save me from this dangerous world.

As turn around, but suddenly I hear footsteps. I crouch down on the other side of the bed. Luckily the guard didn't notice the missing lock on the door. I peer around the corner of the mattress and wait until the sound of the footsteps diminish. I head towards the door.

And then I remembered. I quietly turn around and prance back to her. I pulled out the ring from my back pocket and placed it in her palm. I wrapped her fingers around it.

"From Victor," I smiled and then I rushed out of the room.

<~~~~>