Chapter 3

I stumble down the stairs in the most simplistic outfit possible. I threw on a red crop top with some jeans. I layered it off with a small ring on my right hand and a slim golden necklace with my initials.

Dante greeted me at the entrance to my room, and basically rolled out an imaginary red carpet as he lead me through the various halls.

I'm greeted out in the courtyard by two bulky men who I assume are Victor's guards. I felt too urban to be in this absurdly royal setting. I glance out to the center of the lavish green grass to see a relatively large dining setting. Quite the size for one man.

My hair hung loosely down my back with a few strands flowing back in the breeze.

Dante pulls back the seat, and past the insane number of meals for a simple breakfast, sits Victor. It's like he's always mad at me. I called him stupid. Sure it wasn't a good idea to call my kidnapper stupid, but I still wanted to know why I'm here.

"Good Morning," he says, in his menacing tone.

"To you too," I smile back. The shower was a nice way to cool off but I had questions that needed answers. And if I wanted to get answers, I don't think my aggression is going to help.

"You seem brighter than you were earlier this morning."

"Indeed, and the only reason I agreed to this was because I have questions."

"I never gave you the option to choose whether or not you wanted to come," he replied.

"I make my own choices. Now, tell me. Who are you?" I began.

"I already told you last night, I am Victor Vitali."

"Yes, I know that, but what do you do? Why do you have me here? What are your ties with Alexander?"

"Curious one, aren't you."

"Answers please," I demanded as I ripped off a small piece of the croissant in front of me.

"I'm a gangster," he said, completely ignoring the fact that this answer would entirely formulate my opinion of him. I didn't think he would be so blatantly honest about it.

"And what you you want with me?" I continue, watching him as he fiddles with his ring.

"You are my," he pauses, "pawn. To scare your father."

"Pawn?"

"Yes, pawn. Your father is an idiot. He thought that he was really going to get away, trying to decline a business dealing by shooting me."

"What business dealing?"

"That is out of context. He refused the deal. Things escalated. I ended up killing one of his men. Now he thinks he can just trudge over my property without being attacked."

"So you kidnapped me?" I bursted, "What do I look like? A doll to be tossed around by kids?"

"I have no intention of hurting you or doing anything with you. Relax."

"How do you expect me to relax, when you are basically telling me that my death certificate can be written at any point?"

"That's not what I said," he grumbles.

"It's implied. You admit you're a gangster, and expect me to just sit here like that ice cube melting in the sun?" I ask, pointing to the drink in front of him.

He just stares at me. His eyes narrow down and he meets my eyes. "I don't want to hurt you. Don't make me."

"I'm done with this. I have absolutely no ties with my father but here I am, sitting at a table with Italy's biggest mafia leader because of him." I quickly stood up. "You have no business of keeping me here," I hiss.

"You can't go anywhere."

"Watch me."

<~~~~>