Chapter 8

I slap on the slightest bit of lip gloss. Then I curl up my lashes and glide on my mascara.

My hazel eyes looked silvery in the sunlight from the window. They've always looked a little too big on my face. As if I was a baby eagerly waiting for some more candy.

I rope up my dark black hair into a low ponytail. I style it carefully with the curling iron and each curl gives a little bounce as I let it go.

I step back and look at myself in the mirror. I thought back to when I first saw him standing on the other side of the bed. How we communicated without looking face to face.

I brush out the suit and slip on my flats. I was already a tall person. Probably around 5 foot 9 inches. Being lean, didn't help with it either. I looked almost identical to a toothpick. A toothpick with a few curves.

As we file into the car, I try to roll out the other side, but Victor stood there. As tall as the Eiffel Tower. His arms were crossed across his chest and he stood there like a statue glaring down at me. I slowly retreat back into the car.

I sit down frustrated and blow out a little piece of my hair from my face. He was always going to have his way. Especially here, in Italy.

I peer though the window of the car. I gaze at the private jet majestically standing there. He owned all of this stuff.

He had absolutely no faith in me. Before I could even open the door, he whirled to the other side and threw me over his shoulder. I wasn't even given an option. All I could do was limply hang over his should as I was carried in.

It was cute, how he though that I was going to object a ride on this beautiful aircraft. It was also funny to think that he assumed I was going to run off into the middle of nowhere.

We were literally on a field with a small runway, proportionate to the jet. There wasn't any trace of humanity for miles.

I try to break free of his grip once we're on the plane, but his grip doesn't budge. I look up at Dante who follows behind and he once again, gives me a helpless look. Victor throws me onto the seat and belts me down left and right.

He then commands one of the guards to tie my hands until takeoff. Did he really thing I was going to jump out of this thing?

Dante stands to the side, as if he had just seen a ghost. I hear the engine begin and we were off within minutes. Dante sat down and still looked confused.

"What?" I whisper.

"Nothing," he says.

"Then why are you looking at me like I have seven heads?"

"Nothing. I just remembered something."

"What?"

"Don't worry about it."

Victor sat across from me sipping his wine. He was taking in every inch of me. It was like he was planning to kill me with just his eyes. I ignored him and turned to the window.

It was a better view outside than his focused, devil-like face.

<~~~~>