♫03♫ Arrogance

Sakaki Tarou, the coach of Hyotei's boy's tennis club, called for Sakura Ranfa to the music room. He heard that she was the manager that Atobe personally picked out during his day off due to illness. He called her over because he wanted to know who she was. 

"I heard from the non-regulars that you played a match with Atobe." 

"That's me. Sakura Ranfa, 2nd year, a JBC which is a Japanese born Chinese." 

"Hm. What do you think of the club?" 

"The tennis club? Not bad at all, a total of 215 members." 

"Since the regulars are the club's best of the best, if they are defeated in any tournaments, they will be replaced." 

"That is a good system, Coach." 

"Which is why I am sending this line-up out. Tell me what you think." 

For the upcoming  Prefectural Tournament, Sakaki decided to send out 4 non-regulars to the match. She can see that Shishido Ryou was the only regular to be there. 

"Coach, you're really arrogant." 

"Your point? Fudomine is not a strong team. There is no need to send out all of our strong regulars against them." 

"Don't underestimate those who strive to be on top, Coach."

"Hyotei will always be on top."

"Then all I can say is, those at the top need to watch out for those clawing their way up." Ranfa decided that there was no more to speak, "Coach, arrogance will be the one thing you'll regret once you're forced at the bottom. Excuse me." 

"Hm, you may go." 

The moment Ranfa bowed and closed the sliding door, Ranfa started to walk away. 

"Arrogant pig, your arrogance will be the last of you..." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back with the club members, Shishido was training because of the upcoming tournament. He's the only one going in the for the kill so he will have to do his very best. 

"Shishido-senpai, a few words?" It's Ranfa again. He doesn't want to see her or hear her words but he allowed her to stay as he did his stretches, "The upcoming  Prefectural Tournament... I want you to be aware of the enemy, okay?" 

"Enemy? They are not strong enough to even be called 'Hyotei's opponent'!" 

"Don't underestimate those who claw their way up, Shishido-senpai." 

"If they want to claw their way up, they would have done so by now." 

"Wow, you really believe this arrogance is a good thing?" 

"Sakura, we are Hyotei. We live up its name and no nobody is going to claw ahead of us!" Shishido looked at her with a face that screamed out 'Don't underestimate me!' 

"You're underestimating Shishido here, Woman." Mukahi bounced his way over to taunt the 2nd year, "If you can't see how strong we are, I suggest you just sit back and watch us men do all the battling." 

"Wow, you're good at being an ass." Ranfa retorted. Her retort made Mukahi instantly lose his temper.

"Ass?! Is that really the way to speak to your senpais?! You want me to use my Moon Sault on you?!"

"I'll assault you in a minute! Sexually if I have to!" 

"Wha-?!" Mukahi ended up blushing, he covered his mouth out of embarrassment.