♫18♫ A date with Jirou

"Hiyoshi, use more of your upper body strength when hitting the ball! Ootori, use a little more strength if you are you going to perform a drop shot from the baseline!" Sakura Ranfa returned to the tennis club, being the manager as usual. 

The other 1st and 2nd years all have new respect for her since the Atobe vs Sakura match. She may have lost the match but she was able to win everyone's respect for her. No longer do the non-regulars see her as a normal girl. Everyone felt a great deal of pride knowing she's their manager, she's useful to the team even though she's not playing alongside them in official matches.

Every one of them were secretly glad she's back...

Akutagawa Jirou was helping the 2nd years train too. It was a rare sight for everyone because he's known as Hyotei's sleeping beauty! Why was he awake and excited to train the 2nd years? 

"He is freaking me out..." Hiyoshi returned to Atobe and the other 3rd years, using a towel to wipe away the sweat. He was glad to have a match with Jirou but he was a little freaked out how he was able to stay awake for more than an hour.

"All right! Who wants a match with me?!" Jirou was very awake and active, he's no longer a sleeping beauty for the time being.

"Jirou being awake is a good thing I suppose." Shishido said, "I wonder what got him so happy..."

"Jirou, come here." Atobe's command was answered by a happy Jirou, who happily ran to him.

"Atobe?"

"You seem lively today."

"I am!"

"It's good to see that you're setting a good example for the 2nd and 1st years." Oshitari smiled, "What's the occassion?"

"I am going on a date!"

"Eh? Date?" Gakuto slapped his back with a huge grin, "Who is the lucky girl? How come we never heard you've got a girlfriend?!"

"Hahahaha! I asked her to go out with me after school and she said 'yes'!"

"Interesting, are you not going to grace us with her name?" Atobe thought it was cute as well but he will not put them into words.

"You know her, Atobe! In fact, you all know her!"

"All of us?" Choutarou was confused.

"Eh?! You don't know?! It's Ranfa-chan!"

"What?!" The other regulars were shocked to hear that; Ranfa's going to go on a date with Jirou?! Why?!

"Liar! Ranfa kicks your ass too many times to go out with you!" Gakuto snapped at him.

"What?! It's true! Right, Kabaji? You were there!" Jirou complained to the 2nd year.

"Usu."

"If Kabaji answered that, it's more likely to be true..." Oshitari sighed, "What did you do? Just walked up to her and asked her to go out with you on a date?" 

"How did you know? Were you there too?" Jirou was confused; was Oshitari there in the first place? It's hard not to notice him...

"N-never mind..."

"Are you sure Little Kitten said 'yes'?" Atobe asked, re-confirming the volleyer's words. 

"Why do you think I am lying? Ranfa-chan said..." 

"Sure. If you promise to train the 2nd years, I'll go on a date with you."