♫23♫ Affections after the rain

Shishido was able to come back quicker than he had thought. He was sat within one of the mountain patroller's car. He thanked the patroller for finding them and he helped Ranfa out of the car. 

It didn't take long for Shishido to realize something was not right with Ranfa. 

"Sakura?" Hey, are you okay?" Shishido touched Ranfa's forehead to feel her burning up. Was she having a fever? 

"Senpai? Are back yet?" 

"Yes, we're back." Shishido carried her, bridal style, and carefully walked to the cottage. He used his foot and kicked the door a few times until somebody opened the door. 

"Goodness!" Atobe's butler quickly let Shishido inside and he asked the maids to hurry up and come in with the towels. 

"It's Shishido and Ranfa!" Gakuto's shout got everyone's attentions but Jirou's. They made it to the door, glad to see their manager was safe and sound. 

The moment Atobe saw Ranfa's breathing becoming heavy and irregular, he can tell she's having a fever right now. He told a maid to set up a bath for her and he told another maid to bring more appropriate clothes for Ranfa immediately. 

"I'm going to have call a family doctor to have them have a look at Ranfa." Atobe went elsewhere to make the phone call. The moment he was gone, Choutarou was quick to ask Shishido questions.

"Shishido-san, when did you slip out of the cottage?" Choutarou asked.

"I-I felt like it, okay?! Everyone was worried about Sakura so I thought I should go and find her..." 

"It's good that you found her. The rain is getting heavier and you can hear the thunder..."

"Ah." Speaking of thunder, it's one of Ranfa's fears and she has a funny way of showing it; she didn't look scared of it at all!

"Shishido-san?" Choutarou was confused why Shishido smiled. 

"Ah, n-nothing..."

"Shishido-san, let the maids help Sakura-san to the bathroom." 

"Oh, okay." 

Jirou cannot sleep whatsoever. No matter how many times he flipped his pillow to get a cooler side, he can't sleep knowing Ranfa was still out there. 

"The weather looks horrible..." 

This was the first time in his life that he was not able to sleep soundly into the noisy night. The more he thought about Ranfa being out there, the more he was not able to sleep...

Jirou decided to go and get himself a drink. When he walked past the bathroom, he saw a tiny creak and a little bit of light from within. 

"Hm?" He decided to open the door, planning to switch off the light so the electricity was not being wasted. "Eh?" He did not expect a person here at all! Ranfa was in her undergarments and she looked at Jirou with a feverish face. 

"Jirou-senpai?" 

Jirou said nothing and shut the door, deciding to go and get a drink after all. 

'That was the most realistic dream I ever had!' Jirou thought to himself.

He saw a maid walk by with pajamas for Ranfa but he made no note about it...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ranfa was not feeling well one bit even as she tried to sleep. It was hot when she pulled the covers over her body but she it's too cold when she removed it.