♫47♫ The words from the King to the Queen

"Because I love being with you all." Ranfa at first found it hard to make friends because of her straightforward attitude. Now, she's got a group of arrogant but fun to be with guys as her friends and being with them gave her a new sense of belonging. "I love you guys."

"Ranfa..." Atobe was touched by her words, happy to know that she was attached to being with them. "This is why you're the Queen." Atobe really acknowledged her everything.

"Senpai?" Ranfa can see Atobe was very close when she turned to look at him from her seat on the bench.

Their lips were about to touch if he were to inch closer and close the gap between them. Ranfa can feel her heart beat out of place and her mind screamed at what she should do next.

Atobe smirked and he kissed beside her lips just like last time. Backing away slightly, he can see the blushing madness on her face. He found the sight of it to be amusing and adorable and he would want nothing more but to keep her.

Ranfa got kissed by him again and she can feel her heart beating just like back in the hospital. She couldn't look at him in the eyes again because she knew her heart will beat more and more for him. She doesn't dislike the feeling at all...

"Senpai..." She couldn't stop blushing and she can only look away.

Atobe smiled at how she looked away; it's not like he wouldn't be able to see her, self-denial was an adorable thing.

"Do you remember the crystal rose I got you?"

Of course she remember it. There's no way she can forget about the beautiful crystal he got for her.

"I also remember you got your gardener to pluck out an actual rose for me back at camp..." Ranfa hasn't forgotten about that either.

"I see you haven't forgotten..."

"Red rose is a very nice flower. Heh, red rose has a very lovely symbolic meaning and you getting me that crystal red rose... I know exactly what you are telling me."

"You really are a clever one, nothing stops you." Atobe knew from the very start that she will understand the meaning behind the reason he got her the crystal red rose. He believed that she was clever enough to understand its meaning.

"Atobe-senpai, I-"

"I'm afraid I'll have to stop you right there."

"Hm?"

"I don't want you to be with me because you know my feelings and feel obliged to be with me. I want you to be with me because you know for certain you want to be with me, do you understand me?"

Ranfa can see where he was coming from; make sure the choice was not that one which you will regret. Ranfa shut her eyes in understanding, happy to know that even now Atobe still looked out for her.

"It's amazing how you are looking out for me." Ranfa opened her eyes and looked at him. She thought he would be selfish when it comes to a complex thing like love but it turned out he's what one would call a 'Perfect Lover'.

Atobe thought about her well being and even though he has feelings for her, he decided not to act upon them. Why? Because the invisible chains from the past still locked itself to him; he has yet to fully forgive himself for what he did to Ranfa in the past. No matter what he do now, he can never ever erase the fact that he chose to hurt Ranfa all because of the hidden envy and anger stemmed from his very assumption. There hasn't been a day where he stopped thinking he would love to return to the past and redo it all over again but life wasn't fair even to a person like him. She may have forgiven him for what he did but he hasn't forgiven himself and he deemed himself unworthy to be her lover. The least he wanted for Ranfa was for her to choose someone for her own sake.