♫25♫ Hyotei and Seigaku

"The clue said the key was within the girl... That was when I realized I had to kill the little girl in order to escape from this room. Am I willing to throw away the life of this little girl in order for me to escape? Of course I was."

"Stop! Stop! Ranfa was annoyed at Hiyoshi's antics; he's reading a horror novel next to her. The problem? The novel was scary! Ranfa just can't take the horror theme like the way she took on Atobe and Oshitari, "Hiyoshi, quit reading it to me!"

"Why not? You were asking me what I was reading before."

"Well if I realized you were reading that, I wouldn't have asked!" Ranfa faced the window, ignoring Hiyoshi completely. "That is disgusting... I can't the character would sacrifice a little girl just to escape the torturer's lair!"

"The character will cut the girl open with a kitchen knife, take her insides out and find the key."

"Hiyoshi..."

"If the character in the story had remember that there was another girl in murderer's lair."

"There was another girl? I thought he and the girl were the only ones alive?"

"That life-like doll within the cupboard."

"Wha-really?"

"Yes, really. Here, it was on page 50. He mentioned he found it."

"Oh yeah..." 

The Hyotei members were on their way to meet up with Seigaku to further their training. Ranfa was the only one not in her Hyotei tennis uniform because she won't be playing. As much as she wanted to play, Atobe and everyone told her that she had only just got better so it's best for her to rest more. Originally, she wasn't supposed to be going with them but she promised not to touch a racquet if she can come along.

"Knowing you, you would writing in your notebook again." Hiyoshi stopped reading out loud and decided to multi-task; reading and talking to her at the same time. 

"You're right. That is why I am coming along." She was happy to know that he knew the real reason why she's here.

"Hmph, Hyotei is not a team with useless people..."

"You like to beat around the bush just to compliment me, I'm happy."

"Whatever."

Listening to his kouhais, Mukahi Gakuto was jealous. He was still hung up over the fact Hiyoshi sat next to Ranfa before anyone else had the chance.

'Stupid Hiyoshi!' Gakuto thought, 'Reading and talking to her at the same damn time!'

It was sort of Shishido's fault too since he told Hiyoshi that he shouldn't be unsociable during the bus ride and told him to sit next to a person. Hiyoshi didn't have to talk or anything, he just needed to be next to someone. He would rather be alone for the ride but he's not one to disrespect a senpai like Shishido Ryou. He chose to sit next to Ranfa, claiming she was 'less annoying' out of everyone in the bus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Being able to see Hyotei here as well was a surprise for Seigaku. They thought their training was over for the day, they didn't know they would be able to meet them outside of the tournament.

"So you've been fooling around since Tezuka left you, arn?" As usual, Atobe just had to be the leader of annoying others with his arrogance.

"On top of that, this is such a run-down building..."

Looking over her shoulder, Ranfa saw the place Seigaku was staying in and she had to be honest, it looked like a deserted cottage; does electricity even work in there? She can't imagine what it was like during the night...

"Hey hey, don't break it, Yuushi."

"Atobe-senpai will have to pay for the damages you cause." Ranfa added, high-fiving Gakuto without looking at him.

"Oh? Even in a place like this, they still have three courts." Gakuto then saw a frog jumped by and he quickly dodged it.

"Frog!" The frog that was supposed to land on Gakuto ended up on Choutarou. He ended up on the ground after much struggle.

"Are you okay, Choutarou?"

"I can't believe you can actually train in a place like this." Oshitari was serious; the place was infested with frogs! How can training be done with so many of those slimy green things jumping here and there?

"Ranfa?" Gakuto stopped cowering in fear to notice that the pink haired girl was no longer next to him.

Ranfa linked onto Hiyoshi's arm, not letting him go.

"If I am close to Hiyoshi, I am not afraid of frogs! No matter how you look at it, Hiyoshi's horror stories are worse than frogs!"

"How does that theory even work?!" Gakuto screamed.

The plan was there will be single matches without tie-breaks. The Seigaku members will pick out a chopstick that contained the Hyotei member's names in Hiragana.

Hiyoshi and Kabaji were the first to go out there. Kabaji was as silent as always and so Hiyoshi. The only difference between them was Hiyoshi was a silent predator; once he decided to crush an opponent, he will go in for the kill.

"Busy as always, Little Kitten." Atobe smiled at how Ranfa already got her notebook and pen out.

"Of course. As the manager, I need to help the team advance too."

"Well said."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One loss and a draw. That was not too bad, considering both boys did very well.

"Good job, Kabaji. Although you didn't win, you managed to make your copy cause a psychological pressure on your opponent." Ranfa said to Kabaji, "Next time, don't listen to Atobe-senpai when you don't want to."

"Arn? Are you telling Kabaji to disobey me?"

"Shut up, Atobe-senpai." She then looked back at Kabaji, "You see that? You should copy that and use it at Atobe-senpai."

"Usu."

She then looked at Hiyoshi to see that he looked like he was disappointed with the match with Inui. He found out Inui had weights on; He wouldn't have won if Inui took off the weights and played seriously. Hiyoshi felt he has been underestimated and he hasn't grown strong at all.

'He must be feeling he hasn't grown stronger...' Ranfa thought to herself.

"Hiyoshi, come on." She took his hand and walked him away from everyone.

Atobe and the others wondered what it was about but they didn't say a thing against it.

"Hiyoshi, when we get back to the cottage, you and I are going to have a match."