11 | Silence

If there's hit and run, there's update and hide. I literally updated thrice on one day and disappeared for more than one week.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

?'s POV

Ugh! What's happening to me?

The mastermind mentally screamed in frustration after his call with the murderer ended.

Why was he feeling like this? He shouldn't feel like this. Fuck Marshall for making him feel like this.

He thought he already got himself convinced that this is absolutely necessary. That it was better for them to die on his hands rather than for them to suffer when they leave him.

But... seeing them again and knowing how they cared about him made it hard for him to actually continue on his plan.

Maybe he ought to up his game. Yes, he will do that. He picked up Zuma's mangled body from the bear trap on the front porch and made his way to the meat grinder.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Day Four

The house was deathly silent that morning.

No one wanted to speak, as everyone was afraid of offending someone and getting voted out of the house like what happened to Zuma the previous day.

Marshall was the first one in the living room but he just sat down on the sofa and stared emptily at the wall. One by one, the rest of the team entered and copied his actions.

All of them just stayed on the sofa for a long time. No one even dared to make breakfast after what Ella had seen the previous day.

With Rubble gone and Skye reduced to a machine, Marshall and Ella were the only ones on the team who can cook decently. Since Marshall had refused to go out of his room, the female twin made it a point to get out of her isolation and tend to the needs of the team.

Ella opened the fridge to grab the ingredients she needed but screamed at the sight that greeted her.

She was only vaguely aware of the rapid footsteps coming her way but she paid them no attention as she just stared in horror.

The fridge was full of organs, some of them were fresh and dripping with blood. Whoever did that didn't even bother putting them in containers, and the metallic and rotting smell filled her nose.

She didn't have time to close the door as she rushed to the bathroom and puked her guts out.

Everyone else heard the commotion and saw the scene. No one dared to eat anything since that moment.

The TV screen flickered open, but even the speakers were silent for a while. But when the mastermind spoke, his voice was cold and emotionless.

"Skye was destroyed last night," he said. "Her body lays in a bonfire under where her original corpse lay."

The screen showed the burning remains of their friend, chopped into pieces like firewood to fit the small bonfire. If there was any more proof of how broken the team was, nobody reacted at the sight. Not even a twitch. The mastermind could've been talking to statues for all he cared.

The TV screen flickered once more to show a scene in the bathroom which finally caused a reaction on some of them. Everest turned ghostly white while Rocky fought hard to keep himself from emptying his stomach. Ella had completely passed out but Tuck didn't even notice as he stared in horror at the scene. Rex had vomited on the side of his wheelchair and Chase's stoic expression faltered. Only Marshall remained stoic.

The scene depicted what looked like ground meat floating on bloody water inside the tub, with Zuma's head pinned on the faucet and the limbs stuck on the sides. The tub acted like an open, bloody torso for the body.

"You know the drill," the voice said with a hint of a smirk before the TV and the speakers were off.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Time passes by...

Flick, flick...

Something is... happening...

It's gone silent.

Flick, flick...

7 survivors remain

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Fun facts about Chance that's related to Paw Patrol:

-his name sounds a lot like Chase

-he's clumsy like Marshall

-he's scared of heights kind of like Marshall

-he's terrified of water like Rocky

-he's a labrador mix kind of like Zuma

-his nose is half-pink and half-black (Ella's nose is pink)

-he's a tri-colored pup like Rex (only black, white, and brown)

I couldn't think of any similarities for Skye, Rubble, Everest, Tracker, and Tuck.