10 | Fight with Fire

Night Three

The tablet screen flickered open, but before the mastermind could say anything, the murderer beat him to it.

"Skye."

"May I beg your pardon?" the mastermind asked in confusion.

"I want to kill Skye."

"Well, that's new," the voice said in surprise. "But I'm afraid you can't kill her."

"Why not?" the murderer retorted. "You didn't say that I can't kill a non-human. You only said that I have to kill my friends. Robot or not, Skye is still my friend."

"Even after what happened?"

"Even after what happened."

It was silent for a few minutes and the murderer fidgeted in his seat. He just wanted to get this over with.

"I meant it when I said that you can't kill Skye," the voice suddenly said, his voice seemingly flat. "Chase was right. Skye is already dead. You can't kill a dead person. You can only destroy the body."

"But how?" the murderer asked, internally sighing in relief that he won't be forced to kill one of his friends tonight.

"Fire."

The murderer tensed. It wasn't like he was afraid of fire. It's just...

"Is there any other way?" the murderer pleaded.

"No," the voice said. "It's either that or you kill Rocky."

The murderer sighed in defeat. "Fine. I'll do it."

"The materials that you'll need are in the cabinet outside. Good luck."

The murderer smiled thinly as he prepared to leave the room.

"Oh and Marshall? I've always known you have a heart of gold."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Oh hey, Marshall's the murderer! Skye and Zuma were right. Too bad Chase and Everest don't know that.