6 | Internal Conflict

Night Two

None of them were in the mood to do anything after Tracker got voted out. In fact, aside from Rubble making their food, they all just stayed in the living room, relishing in each other's presence.

Everest broke the silence with a strangled sob.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

"What are you sorry for, Ev?" Marshall asked as he held on to an emotionally-exhausted Chase.

"I chose the wrong room," Everest muttered. "The voice gave me the opportunity to heal the victim as long as I chose the right room."

"And you chose mine last night," Marshall said softly.

Everest nodded tearfully. "I... I would've chosen Skye's instead. If I had, then she would still be alive. I would've been able to heal her. Marshall taught me enough to do that, and the mastermind gave me more than enough tools. I... I'm sorry Chase! I'm sorry!"

Chase looked at her with red-rimmed eyes and got out of his best friend's warm embrace. He went closer to the distraught girl and gave her a reassuring hug.

"I don't blame you, Everest," Chase whispered hoarsely as he felt her break down in his arms. "I don't blame any of you. I only blame the voice for all of this. For taking away our lives from us. I bet he's also the reason for Ryder's death."

"T-thanks, Chase," sniffled Everest as she got out of his embrace to look at him.

"Time to go back to your rooms, PAW Patrol," the voice said in a sing-song way.

Chase leveled a glare at the speakers before looking at his friends, his eyes softening as he did so. "No matter what happens tonight, I want to let you know that I'm proud of you and I couldn't ask for better friends."

They all shared one big group hug before the voice once again told them to go back to their room, more forcefully this time.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Hello? Can you hear me?"

"I figured you'll call tonight. What do you want?"

"You told me I can revive one person, right?"

"I did remember saying that. Who do you want to come back?"

"Skye."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The murderer's hands shook as he waited for the mastermind to tell him his next victim. He didn't really want to do this, but he had to. Or else his little sister would suffer from the loss of their beloved mother.

"If I may ask," the mastermind's voice suddenly said, making him jump. "Why do you care about them so much? If I am not mistaken, they had kicked you out from your house because you're gay."

"How did you know that?" the murderer hissed out in anger.

"I know everything about you, PAW Patrol," the voice said, unfazed by his anger. "Now, answer my question."

"Because my sister wasn't against me," the murderer whispered, tears prickling his eyes as he thought about his little sister. "And I didn't want her to suffer as I did. I didn't want her to grow up as an orphan. My dad was already dead."

The voice didn't say anything for a while. The murderer wondered if he got out of killing that night, but his hopes were crushed when his tablet flickered to show an image of a young boy.

"Here's your next victim. You know the rules."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Time passes by...

Flick, flick...

Something is... happening...

It's gone silent.

Flick, flick...

8 survivors remain