7 | Skye's Back?

Day Three Part 1

The next morning, Chase was allowed to go out earlier than the others. The mastermind had told him that he was allowed to investigate the murder scenes, telling him that other than taking the victim's body, the mastermind did not touch the room.

So with a heavy heart, Chase went towards his beloved's room, dreading what he would find in there. In his training under Ryder, they had discussed what he should do in a murder scene, but he hadn't been on a real one.

However, he wasn't prepared for the sight that greeted him when he opened the door.

"Chase!"

Chase was speechless. Standing in front of him was a familiar curly brown-haired girl that stole his heart from the moment he saw her.

"Skye?" he whispered in disbelief.

The said girl nodded tearfully as she launched herself to the shell-shocked boy.

"Oh my god, Chase," Skye sobbed. "I thought I was dead."

Me too, Skye, Chase wanted to say, but no sound came out of his mouth.

"H-how?" Was the thing that came out of his mouth instead.

"Rubble," the brunette girl said, her sobs quieting down as she still continued to cling to her boyfriend for dear life. "Apparently, Rubble had the ability to revive someone, and he chose to revive me."

Chase mentally reminded himself to thank his friend later for bringing Skye back to them. His mind had become clear after the grief of the previous day, which made him jolt a little as he remembered their current predicament.

"Skye," Chase asked slowly. "Do you know who killed you?"

Skye's magenta eyes stared at him. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Try me," the tan-skinned boy said.

"It's Marshall."

Chase couldn't help it. He laughed and shook his head. "Skye, we've been over this. Marshall and I aren't together. He's my brother for pup's sake! You don't have to be jealous of him."

"I am not jealous!" she screamed. "Marshall was the one who killed me!"

That's when Chase noticed it. Skye's voice was cracking, like she was speaking through a malfunctioning radio. Everything else seemed real though.

Chase stared at her eyes, eyes that should be rimmed with red from crying, but there was none. He couldn't even see the blood vessels that were supposed to surround her irises.

And her skin, oh god her skin, they felt cold to touch. It felt almost metallic, even. Chase tried to squeeze her hand but found out that he couldn't.

The tan-skinned boy took a step back. This wasn't Skye. The Skye he knew was dead. And there was no force on earth that could bring back the dead.

But this Skye... she looked so real. It's like they had taken apart the original Skye and made a humanoid robot out of her body.

"Chase?" Skye asked in concern. "What's wrong, Chase? Aren't you happy to see me?"

"You're not Skye," Chase whispered, backing away as Skye slowly walked towards him.

"But Chase," the android spoke in a perfect imitation of the real Skye. "It is me. Rubble brought me back."

"NO!" Chase screamed, tears gathering in his eyes. "YOU'RE NOT SKYE! SKYE IS DEAD! WE ALL SAW HER BODY!"

Footsteps sounded from behind them and Chase turned around to see that the rest of the team had come out of their bedrooms to investigate.

"I heard shouting, what's wrong?" Marshall yawned as he made his way past his frozen teammates, only to freeze himself at the sight of his supposedly-dead friend standing in front of him.

"YOU!" Skye screamed as she launched herself to the white-skinned boy. "YOU KILLED ME!"

"Skye, I didn't-"

Skye didn't let him finish. She held him on a chokehold and slammed him towards the nearest wall.

"LIAR! YOU FUCKING LIAR! YOU STABBED ME ON THE BACK! YOU WANTED CHASE ALL TO YOURSELF, DIDN'T YOU?" she screamed at his face.

Marshall's face was turning blue from the lack of air as his petite body struggled under her crushing grip.

"Skye, stop!" Chase screamed as he went to stop Skye from strangling his brother.

Marshall collapsed on the floor, coughing as he tried to catch his breath. Skye's handprint was visible against his white skin. Everest quickly got her supplies and went to kneel beside him.

"Get out!" Chase told Skye, his eyes hardening in his fury. "I said GET OUT!"

Skye huffed and went to her bedroom, slamming the door behind her.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Time passes by...

Flick, flick...

Something is... happening...

It's gone silent.

Flick, flick...

9 survivors remain