9 | Broken

Day Three Part 3

The murderer had immediately locked himself in his room after the voting was done. He could vaguely hear someone pounding on his door, calling his name, but he didn't care. He just cried his heart out.

He was exhausted. He was tired of seeing everyone fight. He was tired of everyone look suspiciously at each other.

He was tired of being forced to kill his friends.

He wished he could confess.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After multiple attempts on getting the murderer to come out from his room, Chase relented and went back to his room, aware that everyone else had followed their example.

He felt guilty for yelling at Zuma, but his loyalty is Marshall, first and foremost. Like he had said, they had been together since they were little, having been adopted the white-skinned boy after he was exiled from his family.

But that didn't give him the right to scream at his friend like that, and he owed it to him to find the murderer and end this madness.

With that in mind, he grabbed a notebook from his bedside table and wrote.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The witch made his way to his room and struggled to get on his bed. Originally, his best friend would help him do it but he's already gone.

Tomorrow, he thought, tears springing in his eyes. Tomorrow, I will confess. Wait for me, Tracker.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Everest sighed and collapsed on her bed.

She had chosen the wrong room and with it, she had failed to save Rubble for what seemed to be an unfair death.

Death isn't unfair, she remembered Marshall telling her. Life is.

Then curse life for being unfair to us, Everest thought as she cried for the pain of her loss.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The dark psychic stared at the screen of his tablet, which was currently showing all the clues he had gotten for the past two nights.

Is it worth it, he thought, to watch your friends die in front of you in exchange for staying alive?

He knew at the back of his head that the answer is no. While he didn't want to die, he wouldn't mind if fate wanted him to.

Anything for his friends.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuck held on to Ella as his mind flashed back to the last two days.

Rubble was dead, so was Tracker. He could only assume that Zuma was dead as well. Skye, despite what the mastermind was saying, was already dead.

He looked at the form of his sleeping sister. It wasn't obvious, but Tuck was older than Ella by a full minute. And as the older twin, he would do anything to protect his younger sister from harm.

I will do everything for you, little sis. Even if it means that I will have to kill.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On Skye's room, the robotic human wasn't moving, but her eyes were flashing in amusement.

Chase was right. She wasn't Skye anymore, but more like a robot programmed by the mastermind to manipulate everyone's emotions.

And she had succeeded.

At this rate, the murderer will win the game.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Time passes by...

Flick, flick...

Something is... happening...

It's gone silent.

Flick, flick...

8 survivors remain

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sorry for not updating on my birthday. I was too busy with attending to my visitors and arranging food.

By the way, I've got a puppy! I named him Chance after my OC, and he's a labrador mix (just like my OC). He's just a month old and he's a handful. He has kept me busy the whole day yesterday.