4 | Rotten Muffin

Day Two Part 1

Everyone was apprehensive when they were told that it was time for them to get out of their rooms. Judging by the gleeful tone of the voice, someone had been successfully killed last night.

Chase mentally counted everyone as they slowly trickled towards the living room.

Rocky, Tracker, Rex, Tuck, Ella, Zuma, Everest—

"Where's Skye and Marshall?" the tan-skinned boy asked, dreading the answer.

Just then, the mentioned black-haired boy came stumbling into the room. "H-hey guys," he muttered almost inaudibly.

"Marshall," Chase whispered almost desperately. "Have you seen Skye?"

"N-no," Marshall stumbled on his answer as he took an unconscious step backward. "Why?"

"No," breathed Chase. "Nononononononono—"

"I see you've already noticed the fate of our muffin man, or should I say, muffin girl."

Everyone jumped at the sudden voice, except for Chase who was shaking his head in denial, and Marshall who was trying to console him.

The mysterious voice chuckled as the large TV in the room flickered open to reveal a rather disturbing image that had most of them vomit at the sight.

It was Skye if the brown curls were any indication. Other than that, she wasn't entirely recognizable. Her face looked like it's been ripped apart by a wild dog, with three long and bloody scratches adorning her once beautiful face.

Her body was held by the toes on the tree outside that can be seen from the window in the kitchen. Her clothes were completely ripped apart, and there was blood pooling below her dangling body.

But that wasn't the worst of it. Skye's eyes were open, her magenta orbs staring at them hollowly and an empty smile adorned her face. Blood was leaking from her eyeballs and the corners of her lips, making her look like a living, bloody nightmare.

"Skye died from the murderer last night," the voice said, ignoring the loud retching sound that was coming from the bathroom. "Before you ask, no. Skye was killed in her bedroom. I was the one who did this to her."

"YOU SICK BASTARD!" Chase screamed at the screen. "YOU FUCKING MONSTER! SHE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO DESERVE THIS!"

"Oh, Chase," the voice said softly, almost fondly even. "You guys have no idea."

"THEN WHY?" the tan-skinned boy cried. "WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US!"

"Survive this and we'll see," the voice said, seemingly unfazed by the boy's anger. "I'll give you a minute to discuss who's going to be evicted today. But remember, if you do not choose someone, I will."

The speaker went quiet, but none of them moved. In fact, the only sound that could be heard was Chase's crying.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Time passes by...

Flick, flick...

Something is... happening...

It's gone silent.

Flick, flick...

10 survivors remain