8 | Drama in the House

Hey guys, it's my birthday on Saturday, and I hope that I'll be able to post Night Three on that day as my birthfay present to you guys.

Fun fact: this chapter exceeded my word limit of 1000 words.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Day Three Part 2

None of them spoke after that. They all just stood in silence as Everest helped Marshall regain his breathing.

“That was… dramatic.”

It was like a switch was flipped in Chase as his expression turned feral in less than a second, like a wild dog ready to attack its owner.

“You,” Chase growled threateningly, sending shivers down everyone’s spine. “What did you do to Skye?”

“Aren't you happy to see her, Chase?” the voice asked, amusement lacing his tone. “We brought her back for you.”

“SHE ISN'T SKYE!” Chase screamed, tears falling down his face. “SKYE IS DEAD! WHO WAS THAT AND WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?”

“Oh, she's Skye, alright,” the voice chuckled. “I used her original body to make a robot version of her. Everything you touch is real. The eyes, the hair, the skin, they're all from her original body. The insides, however…”

“You changed her insides to robotic parts and programmed her to act like Skye,” Rocky whispered, his face turning green at the thought. 

“Precisely. You know, if we were at Hogwarts, I would give ten points to Ravenclaw for such a good answer.”

Everyone else paled and some looked like they were about to lose their lunches right then and there.

“Don't you dare vomit on the carpet. It's hard to remove the smell,” the voice said. “Besides, I'm not yet done. Everyone, go to the living room.”

Everyone looked at each other apprehensively before making their way to the living room couch.

"Wait, whewe's Wubble?" Zuma asked, looking around worriedly.

Before anyone could answer him, the TV screen flickered open to show the very same boy he was looking for. 

Rubble, in some ways, had his corpse in worse state than Skye had. His body was cut into pieces like a cake and was served on the dining table with blood still dripping down from the sides like chocolate syrup. Needless to say, no one would have the appetite to eat anything from the kitchen from that moment on. 

"Our dear savior died from the murderer last night, " the voice said with a hint of amusement in his voice. "I made him a cake for everyone to enjoy, but I highly doubt you'd eat it."

Everyone shuddered at the thought of eating their friend, cake or not. 

"If anyone is wondering about Tracker..." Rex leaned forward on his wheelchair in interest. "Look above you."

Everyone looked up to expect the chandelier looming on them only to scream when they saw the face of Tracker smiling emptily at them.

"Oh my lord," Everest whispered faintly. 

"I think I'm gonna be sick," Zuma croaked out before bolting towards the bathroom.

"I think you already know what would happen next," the voice said above the sound of retching.  "Vote someone or I will."

The speaker and the TV went off after that, but none of them spoke. Everest was trying to comfort Rex who was staring at his best friend in shock and horror.