14 | The "Evil" Team

Day Five Part 1

Everest got out of Tuck and Ella's room, sighing in relief. The twins didn't talk much, clearly frightened of their near-death experience, but she had deduced from their mumblings that the murderer was wearing reading glasses.

Only three people in their team wear glasses: her, Marshall, and Rocky. Granted, they don't wear it all the time, only when they're reading or working on something. So unless someone else had decided that they would start wearing glasses, the murderer is either Marshall or Rocky.

Of course, Everest automatically suspected Rocky. After all, Marshall is far too kind to kill someone.

...right?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Everyone else shared Everest's relief on finding out that none of them died last night. However, they would still have to vote someone out. It dampened the mood a little, but it wasn't enough to render them back to their broken shells like what happened the previous day.

"Tuck, Ella, are you both okay?" Chase asked worriedly as the twins staggered into the living room with bloody bandages.

"We've been better," Tuck told him with a shaky smile as he and Ella took a seat on the sofa.

"I don't think I've felt so stressed in my entire life until last night," Everest sighed as she sank in a seat next to them, the tension leaving from her shoulders as she did so.

"Sorry, Eve," Ella muttered, burying her face on Everest's side.

"Don't be," Everest smiled, hugging her gingerly. "It's not your fault."

"Yeah, it's the mastermind's fault," Chase nodded in agreement.

"And the murderer's by extension," Tuck growled. "I swear, if I find whoever hurt us, I'm going to kill him with my bare hands."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On the other side of the room, Rocky and Marshall were huddled together, talking in low voices.

"I'm scared," Rocky whispered.

"Why?" Marshall asked him in concern.

"I'm the dark psychic," the tech genius admitted. "I'm part of the evil team. I want the good team to win, but on the other hand, I don't want to die."

Marshall's eyes strayed over to the other four members of their team. "Me too, Rocky. Me too."

Realization dawned on Rocky as he deciphered his friend's words. "You're the murderer, aren't you?"

There was a short pause.

"I am," Marshall admitted quietly. "I didn't want to kill them, you know. But..."

"But what?"

"But I'm scared that he'll go after my family," the EMT-in-training whispered. "I'm scared that if I refuse to do what he wants, he'll kill my mom."

"I thought you were exiled by your family," Rocky said in confusion.

Marshall didn't want to talk about it so he changed the subject. "I honestly thought you would get angry at my confession."

"Why would I?" Rocky asked rhetorically, sensing his unspoken need. "Why would I be angry at you when I'm doing the same thing?"

"...fair point."

The two were silent for a few seconds before Rocky spoke.

"Are you willing to kill them?" he asked, glancing at where Chase and the others were talking.

"If I have to," Marshall mumbled. "Anything for my family."

"Team up?"

"Team up."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Time passes by...

Flick, flick...

Something is... happening...

It's gone silent.

Flick, flick...

6 survivors remain

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This part and the next one has been out for almost a week now. I just forgot to post it here.