Chapter 29: T Minus 1 Month

Start from the beginning

"It's a small identical version of the collar, made to your specifications with a charm similar to the lock." He said, "And one of the keys, as well if you'd like."

"Do you want that, Spence?" I asked.

He nodded eagerly, "If you're okay with it, I'd really like that." He was always awkward about addressing me in public, especially in spaces like this.

"I'll need to get some additional information from both of you, if you come to the front desk I can begin working on an order." The employee said, guiding us out of the room, "The collars take up to two weeks to make, and are shipped overnight to here, where you can try it on. Once it leaves the store, however, it's nonrefundable."

"Got it." I said, "Do you have a tape measure?"

Spencer looked shocked.

"For your neck, get your mind out of the gutter." I said, taking the tape measure from the employee and wrapping it around his neck, showing the measurement to the man before wrapping it around my wrist. I specified the engravings and lock, and we left happy.

***

The fittings for the two main dresses were attended by all the bridesmaids, but Jenna and I had agreed to secretly meet earlier to finalize my collaring outfit. Her wife, Elle, had offered to make my outfit for me (she's a tailor) and I accepted gratefully. Jenna helped me into it, and I walked out to the makeshift fitting room we'd set up.

"You look wonderful," Elle said, moving around me to make sure everything fit. "Truly amazing."

She moved away and I turned around, admiring the entire outfit. "It's perfect."

Elle smiled, "Are you sure? I can change it, we have time, if you don't like it I can do something different."

"Elle," I reassured her, "It's exactly what I wanted. This is perfect."

She nodded and I stepped down to take it off, turning so Jenna could help me. I got out of it and pulled on my normal clothes. Elle handed me a cup of coffee and we all sat down.

"So, this is really happening?" Elle asked.

I couldn't stop smiling, "It's really happening. I'm collaring him." Holy crap this is really happening.

"I'm really happy for you," Jenna leaned back, wrapping one arm around Elle, "And the ceremony is going to be wonderful."

"Are you sure you're okay with coordinating it?" I asked, "I don't want to put all this pressure on you."

"I am taking on the responsibility as your friend to make sure your collaring ceremony is as wonderful as possible. Stop stressing about it." Jenna looked at me.

I looked at my watch, "We should get going soon."

"I'll have all the final adjustments done within a week, and Jenna will bring it to the ceremony," Elle said, "We've got everything handled."

I thanked her until Jenna dragged me out the door.

"So you ordered the collar?" She asked as we got in my car.

"We went to the shop earlier today," I confirmed, "I'm getting a matching bracelet."

"Do you want me to bring those too? That way you don't have to do one more thing on your big day. I can pick them up from your house."

"Please do." I said, "That would be really nice."

"And you've got someone in charge of the rings?" She asked, "What about the dresses?"