Focus on Me

Request: Hi can you do something about reader has Anxiety/panic attacks and at first it scares lucifer you can do the rest

--------------

 I love toms face in this gif so I had to include it ♥

-------------

It was a "lazy Sunday" with Lucifer at his Penthouse. You both spent most of the day so far in your pajamas, cuddling, Netflix watching, snacking, a bit of sex here and there... all the usual activities you and Lucifer liked to partake in on a day off. It was calm and all around enjoyable day you had with your significant other. 

You were just laying on your back on Lucifers couch, reading the first edition Sherlock: A Study in Scarlet that he had in his bookcase. He had to go down stairs for a bit to deal with a Lux issue so you decided to read a random book from his collections, knowing he wouldn't mind. You wiggled your toes and stretched your legs as you placed a random receipt you found as a bookmark. You placed the book down on the glass coffee table, closed your eyes, and let out a long, relaxed sigh.

A few moments passed, a sudden familiar feeling washed over you. A random sense of irrational dread and anxiety started to gradually consume you. Panic attacks weren't something you were unfamiliar with, but just because you had them doesn't mean they were easy to tackle. Usually something would trigger an attack but sometimes, even in the most relaxed situations, one could sneak up on you. You could feel your chest tightening in pain and your limbs start to shake.

You barely heard the door open over the sound of blood pounding in your ears. 

"Business has been dealt with, Darling. What do you want to- Hey what's wrong?" Lucifer suddenly was in your view, but your vision seemed warped; like you were looking through a fish-eye lens. The distorted view made the panic seem worse. You could see his eyes were wide as he stared at you, he seemed scared as well.

"P-panic attack." You managed to croak out. You shuddered as it felt harder and harder to breath. Your heart pounded against your rib cage as you desperately hoped for the panic to go away soon.

"Is there anything I can do?" His voice was steadier and more calm. You simply moved your hand to his, hoping it would stable you from the attack. Lucifer seemed to pick up on that. "Focus on me, my love. Try and focus on my voice. You are alright, I am here with you." Holding onto his hand seemed to definitely help, and listening to every word helped the panic to subside. "Would you like to sit up?"

"Yes." You mumbled. Lucifer used his other hand to assist you into a sitting position. "Can...Can you hold me?"

"Of course, of course." Lucifer instantly sat next to you and slowly wrapped around your shoulder, placing a kiss on your hair line. "Are you feeling better?"

"A bit, the anxiety is somewhat gone... Thank you for helping me."

"No problem. May I ask what brought on this attack?"

"It... just came over me. Random, out of the blue panic attacks happen sometimes. Usually people yelling at me is a trigger." You rub your face, feeling mentally drained. 

"Would you like to lay down a bit with me? Then we can get some take out for dinner once you are feeling better."

"That sounds nice." You smile at him and go to get up, when suddenly your scooped up into his arms. You grip onto him and chuckle as he carries you off to the bed. Gently he placed you on the bed and laid next to you. He invited you to cuddle, which you gladly accepted. You wiggled yourself to him and nuzzled your face into his chest. His strong arms wrapped around your frame, holding you tight.

"I love you so much, (Y/N). If you ever feel one coming on again, or are triggered, please let me know. I want to be their and help you through it."

"I love you too, Lucifer." You sigh in contentment as you felt the warmth radiate off him. 

"My mother used to sing my siblings and I this song when we got scared, and sometimes it helped us sleep when we needed it." You felt his chest vibrate as he sang in a low, quiet tone. It was a gentle song and it definitely gave you a sense of calmness. 

A minute or so passed and you were lulled into a peaceful nap. As the song came to an end Lucifer smiled softly before placing gently kisses to your face, his lips barely grazing your skin. He closed his dark eyes, contently listening to your soft breathing. He was an angel of excitement and adventure, but these gentle moments with you were ones he would always treasure.