Feelings Are Fatal

Request: I don't know why, but now my "most desire" is Lucifer x Reader. I just found out about this show and already scrolled all tumblr for fanfiction, and I just fell in love with Luci. Help me!!! This rq is a little bit self-indulged lol. Lucifer and Fem!Reader, who is very shy, kind and a real bookworm, but slightly anxious. Almost his opposite. Just, I don't know, whatever you want to write, I'll be happy with anything (though I know that it's easier with plot sorry). THANK YOU ALREADY, K 

---------

    You peek over your book, your eyes wide as carefully cover your little smile. You watched Lucifer play his piano from his sofa, almost as you weren't supposed to. You and Lucifer had been friend since the first day he was in Las Angeles, ever since you quiet literally bump into him. You were forced to be his first human friend because his charm didn't seem to affect you, but soon grew to love the Devil. How could you not? Before, you were just another shy girl that resided in the library in her free time and helped out there as well. Now most of your free time was spent in Lucifer's pent house reading and chit chatting with him.

You snapped back to your book before Lucifer was done playing so he wouldn't catch you staring. That's the thing about you, your shyness prevented you from really making a move on him, though it wasn't like he made move on you either. Lucifer always talked about Chloe. Chloe this or Chloe that. You weren't exactly jealous, but him always speaking of another woman made you heart hurt.

But you stayed supportive of him and his talk of Chloe, because you wanted him happy.

"(Y/N)?" You hear Lucifer's smooth voice snap you from your thoughts. "Are you alright? You've been staring at that same page for a little longer than normal."

"O-Oh yeah! I am." You smile, placing your bookmark in your book.

"Nothing troubling you at all?"

"Nope! What makes you ask?"

"I don't know, you are just quiet."

"I'm always quiet, Lucifer." You laugh and join him at his piano, sitting down next to him. "P-Play me a song before I have to go?" You mentally curse your stutter.

"I mean quieter, more than normal and of course I will play you a song." He gave your shoulder a nudge before his fingers started playing the first few notes of one of your favorite songs. You watch his hands nimbly move along the keys while in the corner of your eye you noticed him swaying. Your heart thumped harder in your chest, all you wanted to do was lean against him, to feel his warmth.

The sound of the elevator door opening took your attention off Lucifer's playing. Your smile faltered but you quickly recovered yourself; Chloe waked in.

"Hey (Y/N)!" The blonde woman smiled. "Lucifer, we got a case."

"Hello Chloe." Lucifer smirked, your heart clenched.

"Hello Decker." You smiled politely, getting up from the piano bench.

"(Y/N)? The song isn't over yet, where are you going?" Lucifer asked with scrunched brows.

"You have a case right? I can't keep yours or Chloe's time." Your smile turned tight. "Good luck!" You waved them goodbye and head down stairs. Your heart racketed in your chest as you used soothing breathing techniques to stop your anxiety. You rush out of Lux and go home; some time alone will probably clear your mind.

-

It has been a few hours since you left from Lucifer's place. You distracted yourself with one of your favorite books you've read at least a thousand times. You finished reading the last page with a small smile on your face, setting the book down while sinking into your couch. You tried replaying the final scene of the book in your mind but Lucifer's look at Chloe swarmed your mind, attacking you like a swarm of wasps.

You decided to call Mazikeen. She didn't fully understand human emotions yet but she always knew what to say. You basically told her a summary of what has been going on and she told you to come back to Lux to tell her the full story since Lucifer was still out on the case. So you did.

-

"Why don't you just tell him how you feel?" The demon asked while resting her head against her hand, listening to what you repeated on the phone call. "As 'mighty' as he is, he can be a blind dumbass."

"I want to be able to open up to him, but I can't" You sigh, taking a sip of water, not really paying attention to anything. "I see the he looks at Chloe... the way he talks about her, the way he perks up when she is around. No doubt about it, she is a gorgeous woman with an amazing personality. I'm just the supportive, shy best-friend. That's it. I love him, I really do love Lucifer, Maze but opening up leads to different paths... what if he doesn't like me like how I like him? It isn't healthy but I'd rather keep the relationship we have currently stable than no relationship. My feelings are fatal, I'd rather hurt internally to see Lucifer happy with someone he loves. "

"Wow...You really do love him, don't you?"

"Yeah, with every fiber of my being."

"Then why didn't you say anything, love?" Lucifer's voice rang out behind you, causing you to jump out of the stool and stumble to face him. You heart was thumping loudly in your ears as you felt your face heat up, you face resembled a deer caught in headlights. You looked back at Maze and notice she wasn't behind where you last saw her. You gulped and faced the Devil, your knees weak as you watched him slowly approach you.

"You gave that whole speech but now you a clamoring up?" He asked, looking deeply into your eyes. "(Y/N)-"

"Before you say anything Lucifer, I know you don't love me-"

"Be quiet." He said, though he tone was gentle. He leaned down slowly, his face inching closer and closer to yours. His forehead touched yours, you his cologne was flooding your nose as you looked into his eyes. His lips brush against yours and it was like a million sparks went off in your body. Lucifer's hands rested at your waist as he pulled you closer into him.

"Lucifer..." You mumble, baffled at this kiss. You were processing what just happened in your mind as you hands gripped his forearms.

"I hope that answers your question, dear." Lucifer smiled that smile that made you melt away. "I love you too."

"I-I love you." You burried your face into his chest as you start feeling your shyness creep up on you. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around your frame, gently patting your back.

"Why don't I finish your song, love?"

"I'd like that." You grinned. He took ahold of your hand at took you upstairs to finish playing you that song. Now you felt comfortable to lean against him as he played.

Who knew these feelings were fatal?