Hot to the Touch (2)

Lucifer was waiting patiently down in his club for (Y/N), the mysterious woman who inflamed his heart and his skin. He knew he should talk to Amenadiel about it but he threw caution to the wind and hit the "fuck it" button. Despite only meeting (Y/N) last night, Lucifer was very curious about her, even if she didn't burn him, she was one of those humans that caught is attention.

It wasn't just her looks that caught his attention, she was beautiful not doubt, but her personality was what shined to him. (Y/N) seemed so genuine with speaking to him, so honest with him unlike some humans. Regardless of her burning him with every touch, he genuinely liked her, whether it was as a friend or if his feelings were something more.

As time ticked by slowly, painfully slow, Lucifer was getting antsier by the minute. What started out as patient waiting, turned into more of an anxiety inducing experience for the Devil. He almost wanted to have Maze punch him; the Devil never gets nervous!

Lucifer jumped from the barstool he was sitting on when he heard the doors to Lux open and close. He fidgeted with his suit as he watched (Y/N) walk down the stairs, looking radiant. A grin formed on his face as she approached him.

"Hey Lucifer, I hope I didn't make you wait too long." She did a little wave with a smile on her lips.

"No not at all, darling!" He replicated her smile. "So, do you have any places in mind for our lunch date?"

"Well there is really good restaurant probably about 10 minutes away, its Mongolian BB-Q."

"I don't think I have ever been."

"What? Well what are we waiting for? Take me to your noble steed." She proclaimed in a knight like voice.

Lucifer chuckled and bowed, one arm in front of his torso with one behind his back, "Onward my fair maiden, follow me." He led her outside to where his black Corvette Convertible, opening the door for her. "My lady..."

"How chivalrous." She smirked and hopped in and Lucifer followed in suit.

---

Lucifer and (Y/N) arrived back at Lux after eating lunch, laughing and smiling from spending time together. As much as Lucifer wanted to hold your hand, or do little, affectionate touches; he didn't know if he could handle being burned throughout of the date. Once he got answers from Amenadiel, he hopes he can hold her as much as he wanted if there was a way to fix it.

"I am so glad Chloe introduced us, Lucifer. It feels like we clicked instantly." (Y/N) smiled.

"As am I, darling." He smirked and made his way to his piano, sitting down at the bench. "Do you know how to play?"

"I think I know maybe, two notes; C and D." She laughed and joined him. Her arm briefly brushed against his and for that split moment he felt a singe of pain. He winced which caught the attention of (Y/N). "Woah are you alright?"

"Yes I am perfectly alright!"

"No, you winced. And you winced a lot last night too."

"I'm- Everything is-!" Lucifer attempted to say an excuse but he didn't. The truth just seemed like the best option. "Look, it may seem crazy, but... I am Lucifer. As in the biblical Lucifer."

"Are you... serious?"

Luci bit his lip with nervousness, "One hundred percent. I know it is hard to believe." He watched (Y/N)'s face for a reaction. Her face seemed blank, he was scared that (Y/N) would reject him.

"Well, I am glad you are honest. I was almost thinking you were a killer with a lot of self-defense wounds on you." She chuckled, though he could tell she was still a bit skeptical.

"Why don't we go upstairs where it is more... private shall we? I'd like to show something."

---

They were now upstairs, Lucifer was at the bar mixing a drink while (Y/N) looked around. He knew he needed to down a good drink to prepare himself on showing his newly, reacquired wings; showing divinity to humans never ended well.

"So, what do you need to show me, Luci?" Asked (Y/N), glancing at the ancient books residing on his shelves.

"It is important you sit down for this. Most humans, if not all, don't handle what I am about to show you." He drank down his drink in one gulp before he turned to (Y/N), clapping his hands together. He stayed a reasonable distance from the (e/c) eyed woman as she sat down on his luxurious couch. "Are you ready?"

"I guess-"

    A loud 'woosh' noise cut of (Y/N)'s sentence

A loud 'woosh' noise cut of (Y/N)'s sentence. Two, giant pearly wings sprung out from Lucifer's back, arching brilliantly. (Y/N) gasped, if she wasn't sitting she would be falling to the ground in pure shock. Her jaw was practically to the floor viewing his heavenly wings.

"So," Lucifer laughed with nervousness, "What do you think? They can be a bit klunky and in the way sometimes but-"

"Beautiful..."

"What?"

"They are stunning, Lucifer. You were telling the truth." She gaped. "Can- Can I touch them?"

"That's another thing with me being the Devil... For some reason, Darling, whenever you touch me I get burned, or at least the sensation. But for you, I will endure it."

"Really?" She stood up from the couch and reached her hand out, slowly moving her limb to his wing. As her finger tips inched closer, Lucifer braced himself for the burning feeling to hit; he squeezed his eyes shut.

When contact was made Lucifer involuntarily winced, but he felt no pain whatsoever. He looked at (Y/N) with shock and confusion. There was a warmth spreading from her touch, not the painful burn he felt before but a comforting warmth. The new feeling of warmth spread from his wings and coursed through his body; it was an enjoyable feeling

"Now this is something... Different." He spoke under his breath, a smirk grew up on his face.