You Don't Need Them

I really enjoy your writting! Thank you for your work. Would it be ok if I ask for a oneshot Lucifer x Reader, where reader just realizes that her friends just left her behind because they think she's different because of her depresion, and she feels that she can only count on Lucifer. So when Lucifer discovers that, she helps her to feel better and supports her?  

-------

"Hey (Y/N)? Can you go order us some more cosmo's?" Your friend Trish asked with a bored tone.

"Yeah I'm parched! Plus you get the discount for being the owners friend." Stacy, your other friend chimed in, giving a sideways glance to Trish.

"U-Uh yeah." You meekly smiled and went off to the bar. You had told your friends that you had depression earlier in the week, something you had been shy about doing for a long while. They had seemed to take it well and offered to take you out for some fun. There was something a bit suspicious in their behaviors but you dismissed it.

"Hey Maze." You greeted while she wiped a cup clean. "I didn't think you were working for Luci again."

"I'm just doing it for some cash while I job hunt." She set down the glass and leaned herself against the ebony bar. "So what do you need, (Y/N)?"

"Oh just two cosmo's for my friends." She gave you a 'are you kidding me' look. "What, Maze?"

"You're friends? You mean the friends that ditched you?" You scrunch your eyebrows in confusion before spinning around. You looked to the booth and with shock, your 'friends' were nowhere to be seen. You ask Mazikeen to give you a second as you approach the table. You slowly lift up the note, reading the contents before squeezing your eyes shut; you didn't want the tears to fall.

You find yourself back at the bar, Maze was waiting patiently with a small smirk. Once you sat yourself down while placing the note down. The demons smirk turned into a frown when she noticed your misty eyes and woebegone expression. She snatched the paper in her hand, her dark eyes scanned over the written word. Her face turned into a scowl as she slammed the note down.

"Those bitches!" She snarled. You jumped at her outburst. "How dare they leave you because of your depression! I'll kill them!"

"M-Maze it's fine-"

"No it is not fine, (Y/N)!" She breathed heavily before she straightened herself. "I'm getting Lucifer." Before you could protest, she went off into the crowd looking for your best friend. You sigh and look to the note that was now crumpled thanks to Maze. A tear managed to cascade from your eye and down your cheek. You felt utterly betrayed and just heartbroken that your supposed friends abandoned you because you were different... because you had an illness that wasn't seen.

"(Y/N)!" Lucifer approached you, concern in his dark chocolate was evident. He took your hand and lead you up to his home. He and you sat on his couch, you took notice of the note in his hand. You watch him with sad eyes as he started reading the note, his hands shook and his eyes flashed red. "They did what?"

"H-Honestly, I kind of expected this. I mean I am different and they-"

"They should be supportive, not leave you to pay for their drinks and call you a loser." Lucifer crumpled the note and tossed it over her shoulder. "Of course you won't have to pay, being my friend and all."

"Thanks, Luci."

"It's just frustrating how idiotic you humans can about things like this. Human's always want to hurt something or someone who is different. It is just ridiculous." He ranted. "Look, your depression doesn't change you. You're still you, love. Maze and I will still support you no matter what." His hand cupped your cheek, a sincere smile on his face.

"Thank you." You gave a shakey chuckle. "It means really means a lot that you care."

"Of course I care, love. Besides, you don't need those two bitches for friendship. You've got Maze and I."

"I'm glad I met you guys." You smile and give him a hug which he gladly returned. "You're right, I don't need Trish or Stacy. I'm sure you guys can introduce me to people."

"Damn right we can." Mazikeen suddenly joined in, sitting next to you. "I'm having a girls night out tomorrow with Linda, Ella, Chloe and I, you can join us."

"I'll also introduce you to my brother. He is a bit of a pompous ass but can be enjoyable when buzzed."

"I keep saying thank you but I do really mean it. Thank you both."

"It's our pleasure to help our little human friend." Lucifer smiled and pulled you close to him again, Mazikeen gave you a light pat on the back. "Now, let's have a little movie night. Your choice, love."

"Nothing too romantic okay?" Mazikeen chuckled.

"Alright." You grin, happy to have real friends to support you and be there for you when you need them.