Spontaneous Date

Request:
hey if you are not busy writing x readers, I was wondering if you could do a story about the reader that is shy, and is bullied by her family members in a store. So when lucifer sees what's happening, he steps in and helps her out and takes her out on a date.

--

You roll your eyes for the umpteenth time while you followed your parents around the supermarket. You shove your hands in your hoodies pockets while pursing your lips, letting your eyes scan over the shelves for anything you wanted. Your parents were bickering between themselves over the list, which was getting quiet embarrassing to say the least. Even though you were over 18, you still lived with them, thus they make you go out with them and belittle you. At least they were bickering at each other and not trying to pick on you.

Your eyes lit up as you came across your favorite snack. You inwardly grinned and placed the snack into the basket for your items. You noticed your parents had stopped arguing and were now staring back at you. Your mother rose a brow as she sneered at the snack and then to you.

"Do you really need that dear?" She asked in a sickly-sweet tone. "That have a lot of carbs and calories. Haven't you noticed you've being gaining some weight?"

"I don't care, mother." You rolled your eyes.

"Don't use that tone, (Y/N)." Your father grumbled, obviously bored out of his mind. "Your mom is just looking out for you."

"Yes, your health is a concern but... I don't want to be seen with a fat daughter, it is a shame you don't put much effort into your appearance like your sister does."

"Thanks..." You mumbled, but on the inside, it made you feel like crap. Subconsciously, your arms wrapped around yourself. Blink away any tears that stung your eyes, trying your best not to outwardly cry. You knew how badly your parents reacted to you crying openly. You use the sleeve of your sweater to wipe away a stray tear. Unfortunately, your mother looked back as you wiped that fatal tear.

"Oh my god, are you actually crying?" She sneered. She stopped dead in her tracks to fully face you, your father sighed and stopped to. "Can you pull yourself together, we are in public!"

"S-Sorry." You sniffed, your chest tightening. You tried your best to remain calm but the tears wouldn't stop.

"Will you just pull yourself together and stop being so sensitive, (Y/N). You are an adult, handle some criticism. God-"

"God has nothing to do with any of this actually." A man suddenly cut in, standing between you and your mother. He was tall with dark hair that framed his sharp features. You felt your heart pick up pace as your ears and the back of your neck heated up, this man was drop dead handsome. "I overheard all of this in the isle over and I believe you are speaking nothing but lies. You are absolutely disgusting and I will arrange a special spot in hell for you. "

"H-How dare you interrupt our business? Who do you think you are?"

"Lucifer Morningstar." He smirked and held out his hand for your mother to shake, but she stared at him in disgust. With a roll of his dark eyes, he turned to you, his hand still extended. You accepted his large hand, he turned his hand upwards and placed a gentle kiss to your knuckles. "Lovely to meet you darling, I caught that your name is (Y/N), yes?"

"Y-Yes."

"Now, don't believe the garbage your mother is telling you. You are gorgeous, ravishing even!"

"Thank you." You cracked a smile, he pulled you close to him, away from your boiling mother.

"There's a smile. Say darling, why don't we leave this place and go out for some lunch?"

"I would love too, Lucifer. Let me just buy-"

"Let me do the honors. I may be the Devil but I do have manners, unlike some here." He eyed your mom and your dad, before looping his arm with yours. "Ta-ta, (Y/N)'s parents."