Overhead

Request:  So i officially love Shy!Reader x Lucifer Morning star like holy shit this is the cutest thing on the planet. So i was requesting if you could do another one??? Maybe where Dan comes over to Lux to interview Lucifer and when he’s waiting for him, maybe the reader comes down and she’s looking for him and Dan tries flirting with her but it just flies right over her head? Pretty much protective Luci is great 😍 Thanks so much girl! (And im sorry if this sounds confusing lol, love your writing tho)
----
   You were currently laying on the king-sized bed, switching through different apps every few minutes. Your boyfriend, Lucifer Morningstar, was downstairs attending one of his grandiose parties. You were never really much for crowds or parties and he respected that, like you respected him throwing them. Though sometimes it can get pretty boring and lonely staying up here in your lonesome.

   You roll yourself off the bed and set your phone down on the night stand. You sent him a text saying you would be coming down but you doubt he would see it. You got in the elevator and rode it down to the club for. You felt your hands start to shake and get clammy but you didn’t let that stop you. You exhaled any nervousness before the doors to the club opened. A sea of people and loud music met your ears as you immediately gravitate towards the bar.

   You sit on the bar stool and order a simple, non-alcohlic drink. You hoped you could spot Lucifer, but the dim lighting and all the party goers made it difficult to find him. You sighed and took a sip of your beverage, you hoped to find him soon.  

   “Hey is everything okay?” A voice startled you. A man with tan skin and light eyes sat next to you.  “Sorry if I startled you.“  

   "You’re fine, I wasn’t too startled.” You smile nervously.

   "I’m Dan by the way.“ He smiled. You have to admit, he was a decent looking man, but nothing compared to Lucifer.

   "I’m (Y/N).” You replied politely.

   "So (Y/N), what has upset? You looked sad for a bit until I showed up.“ He sent a wink your way, though you weren’t really sure why he was winking. Maybe he had something in that eye?

   "I waiting for someone… I don’t see him though…” You glance around the club again as your heart pounded in your ears. You started feeling more nervous when you still didn’t see Lucifer. It also doesn’t help you were a pretty shy person.

   "Hey don’t worry, you got my company now. I’m a pretty fun guy.“ His hand came in contact with your shoulder. His touch was gentle as he continued to smile.

   "Well glad to have some company I suppose.”  

   "Oops!“ He suddenly stumbled off the barstool, almost deliberately as he held onto you. "I can’t seem to stay up, I’ve seemed to have fallen for you.” He laughed and got back up, his hand was on top of yours now.

   "Excuse me, Detective Douche.“ Lucifer popped behind Dan, gripping him by the shoulder.  

   "Lucifer! I’m trying to-”

   "Yes, you are trying to flirt with (Y/N) with cheesy pick-up lines?“

   "Wha- How- You know each other?” He looked shocked between you and Lucifer. Dan was flirting? You didn’t really catch on.

   "Yes, douche, she’s my girlfriend. “ He smiled but his demeanor radiated pissed. "And your hand is still on hers, I suggest you remove it before I remove it for you.”

   "S-Sorry.“ Dan stuttered before hopping of the bar stool.

   "What are you even doing here anyways?”

   "I’m supposed to interview you Lucifer, remember? You are considered a witness on the case.“

   "Yes yes, meet me by the elevator. I need to speak with (Y/N) alone first.” Dan gave a nod and left to the elevator. Lucifer faced you and started looking over your form while his hands rested on your shoulders. “He didn’t hurt you, did he? Was he making you uncomfortable?”

   "I’m fine. I didn’t even realize he was attempting to flirt.“ You laughed at his protectiveness.

   "I thought you were going to stay upstairs, darling?”

   "I got bored and lonely. I wanted your company.“

   "Say no more, after the interview you have all my attention.” He smiled and stood up. You followed him to the elevator where Dan stood. The three of you entered the elevator and the air was thick with awkwardness. Lucifer stood between you and Dan. He had you close to his side, his arm held you snuggly, while standing tall and close to Dan.

   When the three of you reached the pent house, you immediately headed to the bedroom. You flopped back onto the bed and laid back on the pillows. You waited patiently for Lucifer and Dan to be done with their talk.  

   You’re head perked when you heard the elevator doors open and close. Lucifer walked in, already unbuttoning his shirt and throwing his tie off on the ground. He sent a smile your way, changing out of his suit and into his black pajama bottoms. Luci crawled into bed with you and pulled you into his arms. Even though you and Lucifer had been together for two years, you still felt shy with close contact. You felt your face heat up as he pulled you closer into his bare chest.

   "Your hot face feels funny on my chest.“ He laughed, sending vibrations against your face.  

   "Sorry…”

   "Don’t be, I like it~“ He smirked. "Also dear, if Dan flirts with you again, let me know so I can skin him.”

   "Protective I see.“ You let out an airy chuckle.

   "With Detective Douche especially. He probably got his cheesy line from improv classes.” He snuggled you tighter. “Love you, Darling~”

   "Love you too, Luci.“