Hot to the Touch

Request: Dude, I loved Burning so much! It was so cute and just really good job on it! It gave me an idea for request (I don't know if requests are open or not, but if they're closed, please ignore this! ❤️) So, the request is that maybe the reader is a friend of Chloe's and she invites him to meet Lucifer and whenever he touches her (accidentally or on purpose) it ends up burning his skin? Love your writing! Can't wait to read more Lucifer fics! ❤️ 

------ 

    Lucifer smiled, sipping on his whiskey as he rode his elevator down to the nightclub level. He exited the elevator and headed to one of the booths, looking for Chloe Decker and her friend. For some reason, Chloe wanted to introduce Luci to a close friend of hers, not that he minded. Once he spotted the familiar blonde, he approached the table with his signature smirk on his face.

"Hello Chloe and Chloe's friend." He greeted, sliding into the booth.

"Hey, I'm (Y/N). I've heard so much about you." She smiled, reaching across the table with her hand extended.

"Lucifer Morningstar, love." He returned the smile and gripped her hand in a shake. Though before he took away his hand, he felt a burning sensation against his palm. He flinched slightly, trying to to jerk his hand away before they both parted. Glancing to his hand, he noticed a red mark starting to form in the center.

"You alright?"

"Yes, just a little distracted." He chuckled, not thinking anything of it.

----

The three of them chatted for a good hour, Lucifer and (Y/N) seemed to really like each other. Though, every time they'd accidently brush hands, he'd feel a slight prick of pain, like burns. He'd have to ask Amenadiel about it tomorrow.

"I'm going to go get a refil." (Y/N) gulped down the last bit of her drink before moving out of the booth.

"I'll join you, I can get you drink for on the house." Lucifer winked and followed right behind her to the bar. They moved through the crowd of dancing people, trying to get to the bar in one piece. Suddenly, a man stumbled backwards into (Y/N), making her tart to fall backwards. The Devil reacted as fast a lightning, letting her back crash into his chest, his arms wrap around her.

"Damn, sorry, Lucifer."

"No worries, love- ah-!" He hissed as he felt pain erupt on his chest.

"Are you okay? I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"No, it is just uh... An old sun burn on my chest. No worries." He chuckled, brushing it off not to alarm her at all. "Let's get those drinks, shall we?"

---

It was way past the closing time of Lux, everyone had left. Lucifer sat at the bar, still looking at the palm of his. He decided to unbutton his shirt to see if his chest burned from coming in contact with her. He already saw a deep red peaking and he wasn't even half-way done with unbuttoning his shirt.

Lucifer gritted his teeth and took a swig of whiskey from the bottle. He was absolutely baffled and confused on why his skin would flare up every time he'd touch (Y/N). As much as he doesn't want help from his brother Amenadiel, it looks like his brother may have an answer to these occurrences.

He jolted a bit when he felt his cell phone vibrate in his pocket. He pulled out his phone and saw the woman who burns him sent him a text:

'Hey Luci (I hope you don't mind me calling you that lol), Chloe gave me your number! I was wondering if you would like to go out for coffee or lunch tomorrow? (: - (Y/N)'

The Devil smiled and gave a little snort, for someone who causes him pain, she sure does bring a smile to his face. Without a second thought, he replied back.

'I would love too. Meet at my place and we shall scout the town for a good brunch -*inset devil emoji*'

'Great! Can't wait! -(Y/N)'

Lucifer stared at his phone screen for a little longer, a smile lingering on his face. Maybe a little heat and burn wasn't too bad if he got to spend his time with her...